Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Powerful processor
- Good image quality
- Micro SD slot to make up for the small SSD
Cons: - Mouse driver issues persist
- Screen is too shiny and glarey
Other Thoughts: The mouse driver clashes with MicroSoft updates.
I'll have to investigate this issue with Acer
This review is from: SYNOLOGY DS716+ NAS Server DiskStation Quad Core 2.08 GHz 2Bay 2G DDR3 (No HDD)
Pros: - Released new DSM 6.0 which doesn't crash
- Synology finally used a quiet fan on the DS716+ (and DS216+), good move Synology. Could improve if Synology used Noctua fans (150,000 hour BTBF) & silent
- Build quality appears good: Drive cages align for smooth install. Fit and finish of enclosure good.
Cons: - DSM 6.0 Release 2 crashed both my DS716+ and DS216+, rendering them both useless bricks. New release (April 25/2016) repaired the damage
- Synology's new DSM 6.0 is way too complicated and the major reason for my 2 star rating
- DSM 6.0 online Help nearly non-existant regarding Synology NAS to NAS backup
- New "Hyper-Backup" so complicated I could not decrypt how to backup my DS1010+ to the DS716+ (emailed for Tech Support)
- Still waiting for Tech Support after 2 days
- RSYNCH backup sooooooo slow, probably half the speed of USB 3.0 transfer
Other Thoughts: I did not obatin the approximate 2X file transfer speed I was expecting, which is the main reason I upgraded to the DS716+, so I'm quite disappointed.
The Synology software teams should focus on keeping the software simple and easy-to-use. DSM 6.0 is glitsy, but not user friendly. Improvement of DSM 6.0 is paramount Synology - You could lose many customers due to this unnecessary complexity.
Improve Online Help of DSM 6.0 Improve hoover pop up definitions, how to use software functions, etc. You would cut down the quantity of Tech Support requests and customer frustration.
I'm really considering putting my large stock of Synology NAS's on E-b-a-y and switching to ASUSTOR. I tryed the ASUSTOR demo, and thier software seems way easier to use. Best of Luck, Synology.
Pros: - Good layout and design.
- APP Shop is a nice touch
Cons: - M.2 RAID 0 doesn't properly configure with two (2) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 drives as others have posted
- I tried BIOS F6 and F7g both buggy in their own ways. F6 configures RAID volume, but Windows 7 doesn't see it to install
- Please Gigabyte, try to get BIOS F7 working!
Other Thoughts: - Neither ASUS nor ASROCK list compatibility with Samsung's 950 Pro NVMe M.2 drives, so I gave this board a try.
Dear Gigabyte: Get your crack engineers on this one. You could sell many more of these boards if you get the M.2 MVMe working with the Samsung 950 Pro. Thank you.