Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Quad Core processor
* Upgradable to 8GB ram
* HDMI output
* Small form factor
* Virtually Silent
* Wireless N
* Gigabit NIC
* Excellent ASUS hardware design
* Serial port for legacy
Cons: * Ships with 2GB RAM (60% used out of the box)
* SATA II only. Most platter hard drives can't go any faster than that anyway.
Other Thoughts: ** Upgrade to at least 4 GB RAM or your ram will bottleneck your performance
* Wireless N works well with streaming video such as Netflix or Hulu. It falls short when trying to stream HD from a local computer or file server. Use Ethernet for that.
* Windows 8.1 with Bing is essentially Windows 8.1. The reason why this computer is so inexpensive is MS doesn't charge manufacturers for the license.
*Be sure to run "Belarc" on your computer and record the results. It is a free computer audit program. It will save the windows key in case you need to reformat the computer at some point. New Win 8 computers do not ship with a key sticker.
* Once the cover is removed the RAM, HDD, and MINI PCI-E slot are easily accessible. This computer is made from a single PCB.
This review is from: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Graphite grey and black ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case
Pros: I have purchased three of these cases so far.
Excellent build quality
*Water cooling support
*Cables can be stored behind the motherboard to *improved ventilation
*Hole in motherboard mount allows user to replace CPU *heat sink without pulling motherboard.
*No tools required except to install motherboard
Cons: *Cable compartment could be a bit larger. I have had to jam unused power cables from the Power supply.
*The cable issue can be mitigated by getting a modular power supply so there aren't as many cables.
Other Thoughts: Bottom Line: This is the best case for the money.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: BELKIN A3L980-30-BLK-S 30 ft. Cat 6 Black UTP Patch Cable
Pros: Good transfer rates. Gigabit speed.
Cons: N/AREAD FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Michael L.
Date Joined: 03/31/04
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.