Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth for Mac [Online Game Code]
In stock. Limit 5 per customer.
Ships from United States.
- ESRB Rating E10+ - Everyone 10+ (Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Language)
- Genre Strategy
- DRM Steam
Learn more about the Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth for Mac [Online Game Code]
|Name||Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth for Mac [Online Game Code]|
|ESRB Rating||E10+ - Everyone 10+ (Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Language)|
|System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements|
Operating System: 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite)
CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD5750
Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 640M
Video Card (Intel): HD Iris
Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client.
Internet Connection and acceptance of Steam Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details
NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth:
- ATI Radeon X1000 series, HD 2400, 2600, 3870, 4000 series, 5670
- NVIDIA GeForce 7000 series, 8600, 8800, 9400, 9600, 320, 330, GT 120
- Intel GMA series, HD 3000, HD 4000, HD 5000
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
|Feature||Lead your people to a new frontier!|
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is a new science-fiction-themed entry into the award-winning Civilization series. Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind.
As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.
- Seed the Adventure: Establish your cultural identity by choosing one of eight different expedition sponsors, each with its own leader and unique gameplay benefits. Assemble your spacecraft, cargo & colonists through a series of choices that directly seed the starting conditions when arriving at the new planet.
- Colonize an Alien World: Explore the dangers and benefits of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources, and hostile life forms unlike those of Earth. Build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for your people.
- Technology Web: To reflect progress forward into an uncertain future, technology advancement occurs through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The technology web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
- Orbital Layer: Build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
- Unit Customization: Unlock different upgrades through the tech web and customize your units to reflect your play style.
- Multiplayer: Up to 8 players can compete for dominance of a new alien world.
- MULTIPLAYER: Challenge other players to become ruler of the world.
|Disclaimer||Copyright 1991-2014 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by Firaxis Games. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, Sid Meier's Civilization, Civ, Civilization, 2K, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.|
|Date First Available||November 26, 2014|
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Return for refund within: non-refundable
- Return for replacement within: non-replaceable
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Consumable Product Return Policy
Digital Download Disclaimer
- View full Digital Download Disclaimer