The ASUS Xonar D1 is a PCI sound card with a 116 dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), which provides audio that is 35 times cleaner than onboard audio. With the support of Dolby technologies and GX2.5, the Xonar D1 provides rich audio effects in games and theater quality audio in movies.
Dolby is globally recognized for their innovations in audio for cinemas, home theaters, PCs, and games. With Dolby technologies, your PC can be upgraded to surround sound and transformed into an immersive digital entertainment center.
ASUS designed GX2.5 to simulate EAX game effects and makes them available on Windows Vista/7 PCs. GX2.5 will automatically emulate the latest EAX technologies without additional software.
- High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)A high SNR rating means less unwanted noise. Therefore the audio is cleaner which translates to better sound quality. The Xonar D1 achieves a 116 dB SNR rating for clear audio in games, movies, and music.
- Dolby TechnologiesA rich Dolby feature set is supported in order to enhance PC audio with surround sound. A surround sound experience can be achieved with as little as two speakers or even headphones.
- GX2.5GX2.5 automatically emulates the latest EAX technology – up to EAX5.0, to offer advanced environmental audio effects. While enhancing the feeling of actually being in the game, GX2.5 also improves on directional audio information.
- Low ProfileThe Xonar D1 is bundled with a low profile bracket for compatibility with HTPC cases.
- VocalFXVocalFX is an innovative voice processing technology to let your voice get into the realistic game landscape (VoiceEX) or to emulate the background scenes in online chat (ChatEX). It also allows you to change your voice pitch to disguise who you are (Magic Voice).