An easy-to-use, feature-rich color inkjet all-in-one that's up to your print, scan, copy and fax tasks in your home or home office. It prints at 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color1, and features automatic duplex printing to save on paper. Robust paper handling capability includes 100-sheet paper feed tray, 20-sheet auto document feeder, and compatibility with a variety of media sizes and types.
You can connect this printer locally to your computer via USB, or share it on the network with built-in Wi-Fi. You can also use built-in NFC to "tap to connect" supported phones or tablets and print directly from your mobile device. An intuitive 2.7" TouchScreen Display with Touch Panel makes setup and operation a breeze.
- Automatic duplex printing for two-sided documents
- Automatic document feeder allows convenient scan/fax/copy up to 20 pages
- Print directly from your mobile device2 and scan to or print from popular web services
- Free web-based Brother apps3
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Up to 20-sheet photo by-pass tray
- Media cards and pictbridge
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc printing
The wireless assistant completely walks you through network setup without the need for a USB cable or a network password. Share the machine with others on a network using 802.11 b/g/n or wired Ethernet networking, or connect to a single computer using a USB cable4. Using the machine is equally easy. The 2.7” color TouchScreen Display and intelligent TouchPanel that only displays the keys you need make navigating your machine’s robust functionality completely intuitive. The MFC-J870DW is also simple to maintain, thanks to the easy-access, front-loading ink cartridges.
The MFC-J870DW gives you lots of choices for connecting to Apple, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, or Blackberry mobile devices. Near Field Communication (NFC) is an existing technology found on many of today's smartphones and mobile devices that enables wireless two-way communication between two devices within close proximity of one another. NFC capability automatically establishes a direct connection between your NFC-enabled device and the MFC-J870DW, so you can print or scan without having to connect to a network or enter any login credentials5. The MFC-J870DW also supports wireless printing from your mobile device via6 AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct, that allows you to print from PC or mobile devices without the need for a router.
Convenient Web Applications
The MFC-J870DW comes with a suite of pre-installed Brother Cloud Apps2 that can be accessed directly from the machine's TouchScreen Display. The Brother Cloud Apps suite is expandable, and Brother is developing new apps that will become available. You can also access popular web services directly from your internet-connected MFC-J870DW from the TouchScreen Display using the Web Connect6 interface.
Low Cost of Ownership
In addition to being affordable to purchase, the MFC-J870DW includes cost-saving features like duplex (two-sided) printing to help save paper and Ink Save mode to help reduce ink use. Using high-yield replacement ink cartridges4, the MFC-J870DW can help lower your operating costs.
1. PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode. Excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734. See www.brother.com/printspeed for details.
2. Requires a connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
3. Requires Internet connection. See www.brother.com for more details.
4. Additional purchase required.
5. See brother.com/nfc for a list of compatible mobile devices.
6. Requires Internet connection and an account with desired service. See www.brother.com for more details.