Create or upgrade your existing network to Wireless-G (54Mbps) with the Cisco WAP2000 Access Point. Oriented for small business, the WAP2000 features RangeBooster technology that outputs a signal up to twice as far as standard 802.11g, with reduced dead spots and improved throughput up to 35 percent. It can be powered either through a standard AC adapter or via its Power over Ethernet functions, allowing installation on walls or in ceilings where no outlet is available. Advanced security features protect your valuable business data. Integrated quality of service (QoS) ensures smooth, lag-free communication in VoIP, video or other time-sensitive applications. Additional features like multiple basic service set identifiers (BSSIDs), wireless roaming, and auto-channel selection give your business added flexibility to keep employees and guests connected. Its metal casing is solid and promotes efficient dissipation.
- RangeBoosterIt features RangeBooster technology that is comparable to standard 802.11g but with nearly twice the range and with throughput that is up to 35 percent faster. Unlike ordinary wireless technologies that are hampered by wireless signals that reflect off walls, ceilings, and other objects, RangeBooster uses these multiple signals with two smart receivers at each end (router or access point and client adapter) to boost range and throughput speeds. As a result, a RangeBooster solution reduces or eliminates wireless signal dead spots in offices and other buildings so users can connect to the network in more areas. The Cisco WAP2000 comes with two detachable 3-dBi antennas for increased power, also helping to extend the range of the access point.
- PoE TechnologyThe Cisco WAP2000 can be powered from the included AC adapter or from a Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch via Ethernet cabling, enabling it to be mounted in ceilings or high on walls where power outlets may not be available.
- SecurityAn array of encryption options such as WEP 64-bit/128-bit, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-ENT, WPA2-ENT protect your business against unauthorized access and online threats.
- QoSIntegrated quality of service (QoS) features provide consistent voice and video quality on both the wired and wireless networks, enabling your workforce to communicate or view video content without disruptions and delay.
- Dual Firmware ImagesDual firmware images to maintain functionality if a firmware upgrade process is disrupted.