The Linksys Business Series WAP4400N Wireless Access Point gives your office fast wireless data speeds, broad coverage and installation flexibility that a standard access point can't offer. The WAP4400N uses three antennas for both sending and receiving data. This MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology minimizes errors and optimizes data speed, while also allowing for broader coverage and longer signal range.
Combined with the access point/'s draft-802.11n technology (backwards compatible with wireless-b and wireless-g standards), users can connect at theoretical data rates up to 300Mbps—nearly six times the speed of the 802.11g standard.
Don't let the need for power limit where you place your access point. The WAP4400N can use a single Ethernet connection for both power and data, so there's no need to use the included power adapter if there are no nearby outlets. Also, VoIP and video applications won't suffer from other network data demands thanks to Linksys' QoS (quality of service) features that give signal priority to voice and video quality.
- 802.11n SupportCompliant with draft 802.11n, the LINKSYS WAP4400N delivers real-world performance up to 300Mbps and remains compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b devices.
- MIMO TechnologyMIMO (Multiple In, Multiple Out) technology multiplies the effective data rate and uses signal reflections to increase the range and reduce "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area.
- PoE SupportWith appropriate PoE (Power over Ethernet) support at the other end, only a single cable is needed to deliver both data and power to the Access Point. An AC adapter is provided for use when there is power available nearby.
- Wi-Fi MultimediaWi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) adds managed QoS and provides consistent voice and video quality on wired and wireless networks for deployment of business-quality VoIP and video applications.
- High Wireless SecurityTo protect your data and privacy, the Linksys Wireless-N Access Point supports WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) and the industrial-strength wireless security of WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) to encode all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. With the MAC Address filter, decide exactly who access to your wireless network, while advanced logging keeps you appraised.