Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Fremo Q-02 3200 mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank (Built-in LED Flash Light with High / Low / Strobe Modes) for iPhone 6, 6 plus, 5S, Samsung, HTC and other USB-Charged devices (Black)
Pros: - Holds a solid charge for months without use.
- Still working after 8 months of on-and-off use.
- Charges my flip phone (I've built desktops/laptops for myself, yet still own a flip - go figure) multiple times over.
- I've abused this thing way too much - dropped it dozens of times, slight water damage, not regularly charging it or charging it to its fullest, etc, but it's still lasted.
- The little light that indicates that the device is fully charged is nice.
Cons: - High / Low / Strobe / Off are its 4 settings, but you push a single button to cycle through these settings; annoying, but not a deal-breaker for me.
Other Thoughts: - Honestly, I've used this power bank more as a flashlight than as an external battery.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MSI Z97S SLI Plus LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: - PCI-e x1 in front of x16, so I still get use out of one PCI-e in multi-GPU setups.
- Great on-board soundcard and audio inputs.
- MSI tech support is fantastic (didn't realize at the time that I couldn't install the OS on a chassis USB port connected to an on-board USB header and had to use the motherboard USB instead - stayed on the phone with the manager for an hour past their closing times, and he provided images through e-mail and everything. What a fantastic company.)
- Right-angle SATA and USB 3.0 header is genius.
- Nice aesthetics.
Cons: - M.2 is only x2 and underneath my giant CPU cooler - shame.
- Bought myself a board with an M.2 x4 and donated this board to my brother thinking that the Z97 chipset could OC his G3258 past 4.6Ghz 1.38v both cores on his previous Gigabyte B85 chipset board; was wholly disappointed when I discovered that the maximum OC I could perform was 4.5Ghz 1.375v both cores with an unstable 4.2Ghz cache. Boosting the voltage to 1.4v still couldn't handle either 4.6Ghz core or 4.3Ghz cache - double shame.
Other Thoughts: - If you're not utilizing the M.2 port or planning on doing any crazy OCs but still need the Z97 chipset on a standard-ATX board this is a great motherboard.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: LOGISYS Computer CLK15BL 15" Blue Deluxe Sound Activated Cold Cathode Light Kit
Pros: - Still glowing just fine after 9 months and over 400 hours.
- Brilliant, beautiful, bright blue light.
- Easy to connect to molex and inverter.
- PCI bracket switch works perfectly, and the overall design of the switch is great.
Cons: - Requires 7W of power (but that's still not much compared to other lighting alternatives.)
Other Thoughts: - I only use this cathode to light the interior of my desktop chassis, so I've never tested the "sound-activated" feature.
- If I ever need a 2nd blue cathode this is the exact one I'll be getting.