Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Semi- modular for less cables
- The flat cables that come are great for small cases and tight builds.
- The Fan spins at Idle but you can't hear it unless you put it up to you ear.
- Very Heavy PSU.
- Gold Standard Japanese capacitors.
- Great Wall - Corsair - (Designer Series. ) collaboration
- 7 Year Warranty
Cons: - All wires are black, even on the 24 pin so voltage colors are not known.
Other Thoughts: MAX LOAD: 516 Watts
MAX POWER: 550Watts @ 50C
PCIe POWER: 2 sets
The Corsair TX-M is a brand new series and a brand new Power supply mill that does most of the work on manufacturing the unit. The Corsair low Noise Rifle bearing fan is almost a black hole of sound. This Power supply would be great for M-ITX builds since those flat black wires can be hidden pretty well.
This review is from: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window Silent ATX Midtower Computer Case
Pros: - Well Thought out build room
- Easy open windowed side panel
- Great looks
- Very Quiet
- Lots of Room
- Too many to mention. Just a Few
Cons: - The top snap-in panels can be confusing to replace, They have an order.
- Window is not the best quality but still good enough.
Other Thoughts: - I have personally tested this case and it was a "must have" in my review. In fact, I built my Adult Son's 2011-v3 Build in this and he still likes the case after a year or so of owning it. He knows his hardware so I take his satisfaction with this case and build to brag a bit.
The top Panels can be a Rubik Cube if you. Each one of the three separate panels have four mounting points. One at each corner and it can be hard to unsnap and not brake them. Best to consult the owners Manual before messing with them. There is a trick to reinstalling them because they overlap on both back and front of each of the three square panels.
There is a lot of room for wire bundles in the back and the CPU opening in back is great for AMD and INTEL Socket placements.
Rubber Grommets over the Wire holes are nice and good quality.
The case is very quiet unless you start adding triple Radiators and push/pull Fans in it.
Great button and access placement.
Removable CD Drive Bays for large radiators and adjustable fan placement.
Like a Honda. Built to last and still be affordable.
Pros: - Nice Build Quality and looks.
- Single Rail Voltage transmission
- All Voltages showed within 1%+/- on all plugs.
- Quiet Fan
- Great Product Service from Corsair
- Plugs are very well built
Cons: - Not Modular
- No Flat Wires. Typical meshed bundle. So make sure you have room in your case to hide wires.
Other Thoughts: - IF Space is an issue all the wires are permanently soldered to the inner connection of the PSU.
- IF you are doing a mid sized build and you have to save some money somewhere this is a safe Power Supply for you.
- THE quality is good and made for the last 3 new generations of CPU changes.
- The Voltages were all what I expected Very good.
- The Fan is silent and good quality.
- Packaging is great as usual for Corsair and Newegg.
- The item was delivered fast and well.
- If you are building a mid-sized gaming case and using the new 270 or 170 and a medium wattage Video card you can be sure it would be a good buy keeping the wattage below 540 watts to keep the Power Supply in good condition for the life of the build.
NOTE: 80 Plus (trademarked 80 PLUS) is a voluntary certification program intended to promote efficient energy use in computer power supply units (PSUs). ... Such PSUs waste 20% or less electric energy as heat at the specified load levels, reducing electricity use and bills compared to less efficient PSUs
From Wikipedia Data
Plain English: White Certification is the First in the line before Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium. Thus how I came to a max Wattage of 540 Watts Max.
I Recommend this Product under these conditions.