Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - extremely easy to install
- stupidly fast
- no moving parts
- cool temps
- 1 TB is fine for now
- not expensive, great deal at 24% off from $700 down to $520
Cons: - had to buy a 2.5 to 3.5 bay
- had to buy a sata III 6.0 GB/sec cable
Other Thoughts: I flashed the latest bios, loaded setup defaults, enabled DVD boot, and enabled AHCI.
I booted off the Windows 10 DVD. The Samsung 850 Pro detected immediately and started doing the full custom install.
It took so little time, I was shocked. Nice.
I've always been a HDD guy because of the reliability, cost and sizes. But I finally switched to a SSD, "this being my first", and decided on the PRO because of the durability, double write capability and 10 year warranty. I want something to last but I'll probably get a bigger SSD in a few years anyway.
BEST SSD ON THE MARKET and for the price and 1 TB space, you can't go wrong. Spend the extra, and you'll have a good SSD, buy cheap and they die. You get what you pay for.
Pros: - PCI Express card (I use my PCI-E x16 slot)
- shielded from EMI
- gold plated
- hookups for computer speaker systems and receivers
- comes with adapters for analog hookups
- comes with fiber optic cable for digital
Cons: - the CD, yes, CD, 2013......its pretty much 2017.
- no manual.
- Horrible Windows 10 support. Made for Windows 7 / 8.
Other Thoughts: - I still have my SB X-Fi Titanium Fatality PCI-E express card and it works great after 7+ years. Excellent driver support for Windows 10 as well.......can't say the same for the ZxR, their flagship sound card.
- Only thing I can mention is Windows 10 64-bit initially detects the card and daughter board. Let it install the latest Windows 10 drivers. Then go to Creative's site and install all their drivers.
- You may also get an error, windows having issues with sound card enhancements, so disable all enhancements for now, until better drivers get released.
Latest EAX 5 HD is only through Alchemy now because its dated and not used anymore.
I tried disabling fast boot in my bios. Didn't help with the daughter board detection.
READ THIS. IT WORKS:
- load the latest bios for your motherboard.
- "load setup defaults"
- save and exit.
- don't change any default bios settings unless you have enthusiast memory like I do, enabling X.M.P.
Now the daughter board detects perfectly fine and works 100%.
It seems when disabling the on board audio, or other bios features, the daughter board then decides to disable itself with the digital SPDIF in / out. Weird I know. But everything works perfect now.
The ZxR needs a firmware update to be more compatible with motherboards, chip sets and bios and new Windows 10 drivers that are 2016 / 2017.
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
- Asus P6X58D Premium (latest bios 1501)
- 24 GB DDR3 1600 enthusiast X.M.P GSkill
- Corsair HX 1000W power supply
- Gigabyte GeForce 1070 8GB WindForce (latest NVidia whql drivers 376.19)
This review is from: ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS
Pros: - Cheap
- Priced competitive
- Installs as easy as it gets
- I have a working blu ray burner again, yah!!!
Cons: - Got the 4MB cache version, but is advertized as 8MB cache version. Needs to be updated to say 4MB cache.
Other Thoughts: - My Plextor LB950SA very recently stopped detecting and reading burned 25GB and 50GB discs but it still read older burned discs for some reason. I tried the a blu ray lens cleaner disc and it didnt help. I tried air in a can and that didn't help either. Probably the laser / read hardware for the blu ray starting to die. My previous burner lasted me exactly 2 years.
If you want to watch blu ray movies on the computer, power dvd, vlc player and media classic are all good. Asus isn't going to supply licensed software because it would raise the cost of the burner people.