Date Joined: 08/16/18
Pros: Startech tech support and customer service tried to help, very prompt to respond, offered to RMA to replace with another unit.
Cons: Not compatible with my motherboard apparently, but how is the customer supposed to know this? There is no compatibility chart or any info provided by the vendor where a customer can look this up.
Here is what I tried:
- install onto Windows 7 pro, then upgraded to Win 10 latest to try
- upgraded bios, all drivers, chipset, etc.
- Uninstall and delete drivers, reinstall as admin
- Shutdown, power cable out, install/reinstall card, boot up
- PCI card jumper adjustment (there is a jumper
- BIO usb compatibility settings
No luck. Unfortunate that they would not let me return something I cannot use.
Overall Review: Startech says there are too many mobo's to test for compatibility. If so then you should simply state this to be the case and it "usually works but no guarantees so take your chances"