Date Joined: 12/19/09
Pros: - Good Gigabyte BIOS
- Good I/O & well marked
- Seems stable & reliable once up & running (see Cons)
- Good for learning basic OC
Cons: - Had to reseat the CPU (i3) 4 times before it would work. I've done many CPU installs and am not sure what happened. It kept getting 5 beep POST code (CPU) & restarting w/no video. I kept trying as I didn't have spares to test with. Pulled CPU, checked pins (all looked good) and reseated. On 4th try and by biasing the chip as far as I could to the front right corner, it worked and has been working ever since through many power cycles and a couple of physical machine moves.
- Wish the mem slot was the dual latch type. Tucking one end in then pressing it in to latch is a bit tough.
Overall Review: Good economical entry gaming board
Pros: - Lots of interior room
- Great price
- Many drive bays with tool-less drive caddies
- Clear lighted fans (blue) look good
- Fans are relatively quiet
- Has space/mtg for 4 or 5 more fans
- Top/front panel USB/Audio convenient when set on floor/under desk
- All front panel cables well marked
Cons: Not so much 'cons' as nitpicks!
- PCI covers are knockouts
- Wish plexi side plate didn't have fan/vent holes slots - Detracts from view and fans in those locations would rarely be needed.
- My rear fan is clicking occasionally - Blade seems to be hitting LED mount. - Hopefully will eventually 'self 'clearance' !
Overall Review: Overall a very good beginner/mid level case. Good tolerances, lots of extra screws supplied, and good usable documentation.