Date Joined: 11/17/03
Pros: Good product at an extremely low price!!!
- 8.2 Megapixels
- Comes with 2GB mem card, which provides capacity for over 400+ photos on the highest quality.
- Great battery life
- Autodetected in Windows. Pictures immediately accessible.
- Great picture quality. (Play with the manual settings)
Cons: - No lanyard (strap) (Had one from my old camera though)
- Movie mode only accessible through menu and several clicks.
- Propriety USB cable
- No viewfinder
- Sometimes 'grainy' screen.
Overall Review: Assuming this product doesn't die in 6 months, this is a STEAL of a deal considering it is an 8.2 megapixel camera bundled with a 2GB memory card. Did I mention extremely low price!!! This camera retails for over $210 on other sites, and you're basically getting it for 1/3rd of the price w/ 90 day warranty. If you're looking for a cheap replacement or additional point-n-shoot, definitely give this consideration.
-Does not run very hot given there is no fan.
-Intelligent -- Detects when the drive is not connected to the computer and shuts down.
- Good performance.
Cons: - None.
Overall Review: Definitely will buy another.
Pros: - Supports a myriad of media types.
- Firmware updates from WD. Active progress to fix issues that can be addressed with Firmware.
- Clean user-friendly interface, yet provides options for advanced settings.
- Simply put, it does what it claims, does it above-average well, and a great value for the price.
Cons: - There is no DTS to stereo downmix available. If you are playing MKV files with DTS audio, you must either convert the DTS to AC3 or use the 'digital out' and send the audio signal to a receiver with DTS decoding.
- Some parts of the firmware are still buggy. I've had to reset the device either from loss of sound, or media files that makes the device unstable.
Overall Review: Affordable device that can replace a home-theatre PC. Fully capable of playing back High-Def content with no delay (stuttering).
Would have rated 'Five-Star' however Firmware needs some bug-fixing and some common requested features added (such as menu's in DVD playback iso files).