Date Joined: 12/30/13
Pros: - Solid feature set without any of the unnecessary "Gaming" frills.
- I really appreciate the addition of a USB 3.1 type C port.
- All black color scheme, hard thing to find these days.
- Great overclocking potential, got my 6800K up to 4.5 Ghz without any stability issues.
- Error code readout also acts as a CPU temp monitor.
- BIOS was very comprehensive and easy to use.
Cons: - Only 1 internal USB 2.0 header, would have been nice to have seen at least.
- The internal rear IO cover is a nice touch, however it will not fit with a GPU that has a backplate
Other than these minor complaints, it really is the best micro ATX x99 motherboard available.
Overall Review: - I've installed a Samsung 950 pro M.2 in this motherboard and everything seems to work fine with the 2.01 BIOS, Just thought I would mention this as Iv'e seen some reviews saying that the 950 pro M.2 had stability issues for some people.
- Also I would like to note that I have a 6800K and it worked out of the box with the 2.01 BIOS.