Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Pros: Note that I purchased (2) Dell monitors for desktop publishing. My previous PC had (2) Samsung monitors and I wanted the higher resolution this time. This monitor's highest resolution is 2550 x 1440. That resolution though is only possible if you use either DisplayPort or mini-DisplayPort outputs, which is one reason I got it. That is about 70% more pixels than 1920 x 1080.This monitor's base pivots, which means you can use the monitor in either landscape or portrait mode. It has speakers and a USB hub, which can be useful once you start to use them.
Cons: I didn't find any REAL flaws with the monitor. The cable is a little hard to insert because of the way the monitor is built, but that's not the end of the world.
Overall Review: Note that Dell provides a 3-year pixel-perfect warranty, so I did not purchase an extended warranty. My previous Samsung monitors are 8-years old and running great, so I'm hoping for the same performance and longevity with these Dells also.
Pros: Easy setup, quality text/images, good color, no bad pixels, good results with a grey shading bar scale... shows all the separate brightness levels with no overlaps/ missing parts due to too high a contrast or poor black level.
Cons: at this resolution, the screen size should be a little larger, as the icons and text are small at the native resolution. If you enlarge the icons and text, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a larger desktop. Perhaps it is just me and my tired old eyes. I kept this monitor for another PC and another purpose, but went to a 32" size (different brand)... much better for me.
Overall Review: none
Pros: I'm using this to watch video, play games, and create/edit images and photos. Been using it since July 2018. I believe this monitor has very accurate color representation, and very good depth and clarity. An image on the right side of the screen looks exactly the same if you move it to the left side of the screen. I like the tilt and height options as well.
I am very satisfied with this product, however it does fall short a bit: I would like better blacks and better build quality. I will make sure my second monitor has the blacks the way I want. Some BenQ monitors look like they do very dark blacks but I went with this Dell because of better image and color accuracy IMO.
Cons: - Construction feels a bit flimsy. Some small sections on the sides were scuffed from the packaging.
- Screen feels delicate, easily shows fingerprints, and PIA to gently clean without damaging. To me, this is the biggest annoyance of the product.
- Monitor jiggles a little if I start typing or mousing aggressively.
- Image is a bit on the cool side. Monitor options are limited - any setting besides "standard" makes the picture garbage.
- Some minor ghosting issues but almost never noticeable. Maybe issue for hardcore gamer.
- The blacks do not look as "black" as I would've liked. Had to tweak the brightness/contrast a bit to get blacks/whites balanced.
- The screen itself does a strange diffusing effect I had to get used to. It does a good job of keeping colors, lines, shapes, etc. clear and nice looking but its just my favorite. This effect is worse if you're really close; I would advise make sure you have a large enough work space to sit far enough away. Not an issue if watching from really far away, like from my bed.
Overall Review: I may have listed a lot of cons but do no misunderstand: for very good, clear, and accurate image this monitor is absolutely great! Needs a little tweaking and getting used to, but great to work on and to watch.
I do want to mention, Newegg used to have awesome price match and return policy, and a better approach to customer service. I was overcharged for this monitor and didn't really like how everything turned out with customer service. But whatever, not the end of the world. The customer service reps were great; its not their fault Newegg adopted policies worse than the popular American consumer electronics chain in the blue buildings.
Anyway, this monitor is great and a recommended purchase; just make sure you buy it on sale for like $350!
Pros: - Looks great, though colors don't quite match my VA gaming panel next to it, but I got used to it to the point where I don't even notice anymore
- Even though it's a 1440p display, it does look and work well at standard 1080p resolution after minor adjusting
no burnt pixels, great brightness, great picture quality, no noticeable light bleed as far as I can tell (at least not nearly as bad as my VA panel)
- Love the tiny / simple Dell logo... nothing blatant and in your face... you only see it when you want to see it. The back of it looks great too, not all covered up with stickers and warning labels.. just looks clean and sharp.
- buttons are nice and simple to work with once you get used to them
Cons: - USB hub is pretty much useless to me as it turns off during standby and doesn't work well at all with external drives
- there's no bezel at all... nothing to grab when tilting or moving the monitor, which means no protection either... I like the slim border, but this is taking it too far.
Overall Review: I've never used the base that came with it and I haven't tried the screen at 1440p cuz my laptop only has the old HDMI port, so I'm stuck with 1080p for now, but I don't mind cuz the image is still sharp and clean
Pros: excellent picture quality
slim bezels for multi monitor setup
Overall Review: We have lots of these, mostly in multi monitor configurations. Our BIM (3D Modeling) department loves them.
Pros: - many display input options
- quality color rendering
- easy access menu
Cons: - a little "wobbly" for powering on/off
Overall Review: My second Dell 2K display; Using this one attached to a Raspberry PI 4 (dedicated for work). Works well with a standard micro-HDMI adapter, and has served well with my laptop and a thunderbolt/display port adapter. Switching between different inputs has been simple (as opposed to my older dell monitor, which is a bit more difficult). Color rendition and clarity are a plus.
Pros: - Beautiful colors
- Anti-glare coating--I'm using ultra-bright, white LED lighting in my room and I don't even notice them.
- Adjustable--this was a big reason for purchasing these. I'm 6'4" so I was constantly looking down at my monitors. My posture is much better now.
- Tons of options for input and lots of extra USB ports which I am actually using.
Cons: - Only reason I'm giving these 4 stars is because I purchased two and the colors are pretty clearly different between the two with one being slightly more red and blue than the other. These are supposedly "factory calibrated" but apparently I have no clue what that means. I thought it meant I'd be getting better color accuracy and consistency but that's definitely not the case.
Overall Review: - I feel like the money spent was worth the purchase. I knew I wasn't getting "professional-grade" monitors but these are perfectly suited to my needs.
- After reading about these, I took note of complaints regarding input-lag and the response-time not being suitable for gaming but after spending some time with them I wasn't able perceive any hints of either.
Pros: Panel is to spec, including factory calibration document
Thin border - at 7 cm
Sufficient ports (1 DP, 1 mDP and 1 HDMI)
USB 3.0 hub with power
Overall Review: Exactly what I expected with a Dell monitor. Generally satisfied with the product.