An extender, an access point (AP) and an AP client all in one device, the ENRXWI-G is a compact wireless networking solution for your home or office. The 802.11g radio delivers wireless Internet access at up to 54Mbps. The 802.11g standard is also backwards compatible with 802.11b receivers making this access point compatible with a wide range of wireless products.
As an AP, just connect the Encore to your wired Ethernet router or simply connect your T1 or cable or DSL modem directly to the ENRXWI-G and you can deliver wireless Internet access and file sharing to a broad coverage area. Or if you need to connect to an 802.11b/g network, the ENRXWI-G can be used as a wireless client just by a quick Ethernet connection to your computer. Just want to extend the range of your current 802.11b/g network? This unit can easily handle that duty as well.
You don't have to worry about security, either, with Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) or WPA security and WEP keys of 64 bits and 128 bits. The device’s Web-based setup utility will have you up and secure in no time.
- IEEE 802.11b/g CompliantCompliant with the IEEE 802.11b/g protocol, the ENCORE ENRXWI-G integrates into any existing wireless network and provides up to 54Mbps data transfer speeds.
- Extender ModePlace the ENRXWI-G within the range of your current wireless network to extend your wireless network without wiring or complicated configurations. Place the ENRXWI-G between the dead spots in your network, areas characterized by poor signal quality, and your wireless router to improve reception.
- Access Point ModeConnect the ENRXWI-G to your wired Ethernet router (using a RJ-45 cable) and configure it accordingly to upgrade your existing wired router into an 802.11g wireless router.
- Access Point Client ModeConnect the ENRXWI-G to your desktop or laptop computer's Ethernet port (using a RJ-45 cable) and configure it accordingly. Now use the ENRXWI-G as a regular 802.11g wireless adapter to allow your computer to access wireless networks.
- High Wireless SecurityThe ENCORE ENRXWI-G supports the robust WPA and WPA2 encryption standards to ensure data transfers are absolutely secure on your wireless network.
- Web-based Configuration ToolWith the Web-based configuration feature, conveniently configure, monitor and reset the ENCORE ENRXWI-G access point all via the web-based utility.