How Much RAM Do You Really Need for Gaming in 2026?

I am curious what everyone is using for RAM these days. I am currently using 32GB and that seems more than enough for the games I play but I continue to see people recommending 64GB for new gaming PCs.For a typical gaming system do you think 32GB is still the way to go or is 64GB starting to make more sense? It would also be interesting to know what RAM speed your build is using.

1 Like

Thank you for posting! It is a thought provoking question.

16GB is still the minimum. No game uses 64GB and it also isn’t even financially a good decision unless you’re doing a big project / video editing.

32GB is a solid choice. At least that is what I use.

2 Likes

For gaming, 32 gigs is more than enough. DDR5 6000 CL40. My ram Is on the slower end but, I’m using an X3d CPU so it’s not as critical.

1 Like

thanks to both for valuable opinions