Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Intel Xeon X5560 Nehalem 2.8 GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 95W BX80602X5560 Server Processor
Ships from United States.
Most customers receive within 3-9 days.
- 45 nm Nehalem
- 4 x 256KB L2 Cache
- 8MB L3 Cache
The Quad Core Xeon X5560 processor is built to handle the ever-changing demands of a virtualized and consolidated computing environment. Each of the cores has L1 and L2 caches. An additional 8MB of L3 cache is available to be shared to bear really heavy loads or large data sets. The 64bit cores are designed to handle all of today’s x86 32bit software with ease and effortlessly migrate to 64bit software.
You also get Intel Virtualization Technology hardware enhancements that support software based virtualization. It works with VMware, Microsoft, Citrix and Parallels and products from an increasing number of software vendors. Virtualization combined with multiple cores gives you maximum power and performance per square foot.
- Quad-core Processing with 8MB Smart CacheThe Intel Xeon X5560 processor features four complete processor cores in one physical package. Significant performance headroom, especially for multi-threaded applications, helps boost system utilization through virtualization and application responsiveness. Its 4 x 256KB L2 cache and 8MB shared L3 cache with Smart Cache technology minimize data latency and improve performance.
- Supports Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT)With Intel VT, one hardware platform functions as multiple “virtual” platforms. For business, Intel VT offers improved manageability, limiting downtime and maintaining worker productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions. In the home, Intel VT allows creating unique user environments for multiple family members using the same platform simultaneously.
- Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T)Enhances next-generation IA-32 platforms with 64-bit addressability and related instructions, allowing flexibility for both 64-bit and 32-bit applications and operating systems.
- Execute Disable Bit (EDB)Intel's Execute Disable Bit function can prevent certain classes of malicious "buffer overflow" attacks when combined with a supporting operating system. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas in memory where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code in the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production. Combined with existing power saving features, EIST may provide an excellent balance between providing power when you need it and conserving power when you don’t.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 60 days
- This item is covered by E.O.L. Tech Inc,. Return Policy