Selectable Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender
• Extending the range of your current wireless network to enjoy increased in-home mobility
• Connecting wired devices such as an Internet ready TV or Blu-ray player to the wireless network through the built-in Ethernet port
The Linksys RE2000 works seamlessly with all b/g/n Wi-Fi devices so you can connect all of the computers and devices around your home. For best performance, pair with any Wireless-N router.
Built with leading 802.11n wireless technology, the Linksys RE2000 provides reliable performance. Multiple MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) antennas extend your router's wireless coverage into hard-to-reach areas of your home.
Wall outlet or desktop placement options help you to optimize the location and position of your RE2000 to achieve the best possible range and performance.
Quality of service
The integrated QoS technology helps to prioritize latency-sensitive traffic which can help you to watch an episode of your favorite TV show, place a phone call or play multiplayer games without interruptions caused by other activities.
Speeds up to 300 Mbps* on Wireless-N 2.4 or 5 GHz bands
The CD setup wizard makes installation quick and easy. By recommending the best distance to place the range extender from your router you can achieve optimal coverage and performance. The Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ button is designed to help make connecting devices to your range extender push-button simple and more secure.**
The Linksys Selectable Dual-Band Wireless-N Range Expander, RE2000 lets you repeat the wireless signal of any access point or router to provide Internet connectivity to hard-to-reach areas through a wired or wireless connection.
This Wireless-N range extender can be set up through:
- Accessing its web-based setup page
- Using Cisco Connect software if you have it installed on your computer
- Using the setup software in the CD that comes with it
- Using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) on the RE2000 if your router also supports it
On the top panel of the Linksys RE2000, the light has two (2) functions:
• Power - The power light is located on the front panel. It lights up when the range extender is powered ON. The light flashes slowly every three (3) seconds when the device is reset to factory defaults or during a firmware upgrade. When the range extender is ready for use, the light is continuously lit. If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second).
• Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ - When the WPS process is active, the light flashes slowly. When the WPS is successful, the light is continuously lit. If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second) for two (2) minutes.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button – If you have client devices that support WPS such as wireless printers, this button automatically configures wireless connection and security after initial setup.
Power switch – Powers the extender ON or OFF.
NOTE: This functionality is only available in the European versions of the RE2000.
Reset button – Press the Reset button for eight (8) seconds to reset the range extender to its factory defaults. You can also reset the device from the Administration > Factory Defaults screen in the range extender's web-based setup page.
Power port – This is where you connect the power adapter.
Ethernet port – the Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port works as a wireless bridge to instantly connect any wired Ethernet device to a wireless network. The green LED is lit when an Ethernet device is connected and active on this port.
The RE2000 is compatible with the following operating systems:
• Windows XP SP3
• Windows Vista SP1
• Windows 7
• Windows 8
• Mac OS X®
o Leopard 10.5.8 or higher
o Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or higher
o Lion 10.7 or higher
o Mountain Lion 10.8 or higher
• *Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
• **Secure push-button setup works with devices that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ like Linksys E-Series routers and others.
What's in the box