The WRT350N Wireless-N Gigabit Router from Linksys is as powerful as it is versatile. As a wireless access point, it uses the latest Draft 802.11n wireless technologies offering greater range and data speeds than the older standards, (when used with compatible wireless adapters) while still being fully backwards compatible — perfect for mixed-mode environments.
The router's MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology also makes it a natural choice for multimedia fanatics, minimizing errors and optimizing data speed through the use of multiple antennas for both sending and receiving. There's a built-in four-port full-duplex 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet switch for wired connections to your network.
Add to that Linksys' Storage Link technology, which lets you connect a USB external hard drive or USB flash drive. This way you can allow multiple users on your network to access files of all kinds. A built-in Media Server takes that up a notch, giving you the ability to stream music, video, and photos from the attached storage device to any UPnP (universal plug and play) media adapter.
- Wireless-NWith Wireless-N (draft 802.11n), the farther away you are, the more speed advantages you get. By overlaying the signals of multiple radios, Wireless-N's "Multiple In, Multiple Out" (MIMO) technology multiplies the effective data rates, increases the range and reduces "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area. The robust signal travels farther and maintains wireless connections farther and faster.
- Gigabit Network ConnectionThe LINKSYS WRT350N features 4 full-duplex 10/100/1000Mbps LAN ports to connect wired-Ethernet devices at up to gigabit speeds and lets your whole network share a single high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.
- USB 2.0 SupportThe LINKSYS WRT350N includes a Storage Link for adding gigabytes of storage space onto your network using available USB 2.0 hard drives, or plugging in a USB flash drive to access your portable data files.
- UPnP SupportThe built-in Media Server streams music, video, and photos from the attached storage device to any UPnP -compatible media adapter so you can get to your files from anywhere in the world through the Internet.
- Wireless SecurityTo help protect your data and privacy, the LINKSYS WRT350N encodes all wireless transmissions with industrial-strength 256-bit encryption to help protect your data and privacy. It can serve as your network's DHCP Server, has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks, and supports VPN pass-through. Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.
- Connects with CentrinoThe Linksys WRT350N provides seamless wireless connection to your Intel Centrino Mobile-based notebook for accelerated file transfer speed, uninterrupted steam video enjoyment and faster, smoother net gaming experience.