CrossFire: it's not just for classic Corvette engines anymore. The Intel BOXD975XBX2KR brings ATi’s CrossFire technology to your gaming system. This versatile motherboard supports processors from a Pentium 4 with HT Technology to the supremely powerful Core 2 Quad-core processors. Four 240 pin DDR2 DIMM sockets handle up to 8GB of DDR2-800 memory. Four back-panel USB 2.0 ports, a FireWire port and a gigabit LAN port ensure maximum connectivity.
The Sigmatel 9274D 8-channel audio has 5 analog connections and 2 SPDIF (1 coax and 1 optical) outputs. Legacy controllers for floppy drive, serial, parallel and PS/2 keyboard and mouse are provided. There is an ATA-100 drive header and 8 SATA drive interfaces.
- Cutting-edge Intel 975X+ICH7R Chipset CombinationSupporting Intel’s latest dual-core processors, the Intel 975X Express Chipset represents the pinnacle of Intel's desktop performance platforms. The 975X also features advanced 2x8 graphics card support, Intel Memory Pipeline Technology (MPT) and up to 8GB memory with ECC support. The ICH7R provides HD Audio support and SATA 3Gb/s ports with Intel Matrix Storage Technology support.
- ATI CrossFire Multi-GPU Technology SupportThe Intel D975XBX2 incorporates full support for ATI CrossFire technology – its dual PCI Express x16 slots can be configured to dual x8 mode for ATI CrossFire mode, with simple paddle-less mode switching.
- Intel Core 2 Processor SupportThis motherboard supports the next-generation LGA 775 Intel Core 2 processors, including the Core 2 Duo, and Core 2 Extreme. With new Intel Core microarchitecture technology, the Intel Core 2 processors are considered some of the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
- Solid Capacitors and 5-Phase PWM for VRMA 5-phase PWM design is utilized for the processor VRM (voltage regulator module) for enhanced system stability and reliability under heavy-loading and overclocking. Heavy duty MOSFETs heatsinks ensure temperatures stay cool even under full loads. All capacitors used for VRM are high quality solid capacitors for even greater durability.
- On-board Power ButtonWith onboard power button, power on or reset the system without installing the motherboard into the case, shorting the pins or moving jumpers for fast bench testing.