Get great performance with Asus's P5Q-EM motherboard. Powered by Intel's G45 chipset, it supports Core 2 Quad, Extreme, dual-core and Pentium processors. You can add up to 16GB of DDR2 800 memory to support the operating system. The Micro ITX form factor makes it a great choice for HTPCs.
The motherboard is designed to support the advanced features that today's power users are looking for. It has an 8-channel audio system with an optical S/PDIF port and 6 analog audio ports that support Intel High Definition Audio. It also has 6 USB, 1 FireWire and a Gigabit Ethernet port. The GMA X4500HD processor has both DVI and HDMI outputs.
File sizes are getting larger, especially for audio and video, so we need more secure ways to manage our data. There are 6xSATA ports, so you can hook up plenty of drives. Since you have plenty of available connectors you can use one drive for the OS and software and have extra drives for data. Or you can set up a RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 array.
- Intel G45 Express Chipset for Intel LGA 775 CPUBased on the Intel G45 Express chipset, the Asus P5Q-EM supports Intel LGA 775 (Socket T) processors including the Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo and Pentium D series as well as the next generation Intel 45nm processors.
- Integrated Intel GMA X4500HD Graphics CoreThe onboard Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD (GMA X4500HD) graphics core is powered by Intel's innovative hybrid graphics architecture and Clear Video Technology for incredible 3D realism and home theater entertainment to meet the needs of today and tomorrow.
- HDMI OutputThe Asus P5Q-EM features an HDMI output for connection to your high-definition video equipment. With the HDMI interface ensuring lossless transmission of high-quality HD video signals, play back HD contents on your computer and view them on your large HDTV set for more comfort.
- Q-ConnectorThe Asus Q-Connector allows single-step connection and disconnection of chassis front panel cables with one complete module. This unique adapter ensures quick and accurate connections without the trouble of plugging cables in separately.
- Asus EZ Flash 2With Asus EZ Flash 2, simply press the pre-defined hotkey to launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.
- S/PDIF OutFeaturing coaxial and optical S/PDIF-out (SONY-PHILIPS Digital Interface) jack for digital audio output, the Asus P5Q-EM motherboard provides convenient connectivity to external home theater audio systems while keeping the best signal quality without converting to the analog format.