Back up a lifetime's worth of memories with the Time Capsule, a wireless hard drive that works seamlessly with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard. It’s also a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station with simultaneous dual-band support that works with Mac computers, PCs, iPhone, iPod touch, Apple TV, and virtually all 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless devices - all at the same time. The massive 1TB or 2TB server-grade hard drive gives you all the capacity and safety you need for backing up all your Mac computers.
- Automatic Backup with Time MachineTime Capsule works automatically with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard to create the perfect no-hassle backup solution. There are no cables, and you can back up all the computers in your home to a central location. New technologies in Time Capsule and refinements to Time Machine make backing up to Time Capsule using Snow Leopard up to 60 percent faster than before.
- Easy Wireless NetworkingConnect your DSL or cable modem to Time Capsule, then quickly set it up with the easy-to-use AirPort Utility, which is included for both Mac OS X and Windows. In minutes, you and up to 50 others can use your Mac computers or PCs to surf the web, stream video, share photos, and more — without wires.
- Simultaneous Dual-band Wi-FiFor maximum range and compatibility, Time Capsule works simultaneously on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, allowing all the devices on the network to use the most efficient band automatically. It uses the latest 802.11n wireless technology, so you can enjoy up to five times the Wi-Fi performance and up to twice the range of 802.11g wireless networks. And improvements in antenna design give you up to 50 percent better performance and up to 25 percent better range than with the previous-generation Time Capsule.
- Guest Networking, plus Strong Security and Access ControlsSet up a separate Wi-Fi network with a separate password for your visitors. Simply enable the guest networking feature, and your guests can use the Internet but can’t access other parts of your private network, such as your computers, printers, and attached hard drives. Protect yourself with the built-in firewall and industry-standard encryption technologies including WPA/WPA2 and 128-bit WEP.
- Wireless Drive SharingTime Capsule also works great as a wireless hard drive, whether you have a Mac or a PC. It sets up in a snap, giving you a networked hard drive you can use for storing and sharing all kinds of files. If you’re a MobileMe member using a Mac with Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard, you can even access the files on the drive over the Internet.
- Print without WiresPrint documents, photos, and more from any room in your home or office to a central printer connected to Time Capsule via USB.