Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Gigabyte BRIX GB-BXi7-5775, Intel 5th Gen Core i7 Processor, Iris Pro 6200 on board Graphics, supports 2.5" HDD x 1, mSATA SSD Slot x 1, Ultra Compact PC Design with 4k resolution output via HDMI
Pros: - It's easy to set up (took maybe 20 minutes total)
- very fast
- great video
- extremely compact
Cons: - The system fan is outrageously noisy. It sounds like a handheld hair dryer is being used on one's desk
- It is hard to use this in an office setting due to the noise problem
- The noise level is dependent upon the CPU Load. The fan seems to cycle up and down depending on workload.
Other Thoughts: - I didn't believe other reviews about the noise level. I was VERY WRONG not to heed those reviews.
- I would recommend looking at other products first, the noise issue on this one is significant. If the top were removable and one could install a water cooler, or modify the case somehow, it might be more usable. Right now, I have a very fast, computer that makes a disturbing amount of noise, so much so, that it can be heard two rooms away from the CPU.
- I have been in touch with gigabyte support, we seem to be going round and round, they are hung up on if the noise happens at BIOS post. There is a small amount of noise then, but it's not until the OS and my apps load that the CPU really starts to make noise. (My apps are CPU intensive batch programs running in the background)
- Gigabyte's only answer is to send the computer to them so they can check it out. Unfortunately, this isn't an option right now, and when it might be an option I doubt I will send it it. I wish Gigabyte thought like Intel to publish the mechanical drawings for the case so I could model it, and get a 3D printed case that would allow me to modify the Cooling Fan with one that is quieter, and more efficient.
This review is from: Windows 10 Pro - Full Version (32 & 64-bit) / USB Flash Drive
Pros: - Painless installation
- No longer does it take a "month's worth of Sunday's" get it installed
Cons: - It's still Windows, with lots of it's own quirks
- I wish it was more consistent, it feels like I jump between screens that were part of Windows 7, then a new screen that's Windows 10, then back to a really old Win95 screen. I get don't touch what ain't broke, but it seems a bit "Patchwork" considering it is Microsoft's flagship product.
Other Thoughts: Would I recommend Windows 10 to others? Yes and no, if they're my mother or someone who is a bit stuck in their ways, and used to windows 7, probably not. If they have a bit of an adventurer in themselves, then yeah, I would. I have not had one single BSOD in Windows 10. I can't say that for any other version of windows.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: -easy to install
-seems to work just fine
-is very quick
Cons: - don't have any
Other Thoughts: I would recommend this to others.READ FULL REVIEW