Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: It's actually quite an alright laptop for the price.
* It has a massive amount of hard drive space. I have about a hundred Steam games. Granted, not all of them are installed, but games nowadays run into the gigabytes, and I never even have to think about space.
* 12GB of memory. That's a lot for a mid-range option, and it shows when you're the type of person who leaves your computer on for a month or more without restarting or turning it off. (Don't jump to conclusions - I *do* hibernate it so I'm not gobbling up power!)
* It turns on smoothly and quickly. For all people whine about Windows 8, this laptop turns on much quicker than Windows 7 from all 3 states: off, sleep, and hibernation.
* It's a rather large laptop, which is *good* for a gamer. I hate small keyboards.
* It is not loud at all. If you hear a whirring, then you're probably using the laptop to such an extent that such a sound doesn't matter. If you're worried about the weight then you aren't looking at the right class of laptops - but that being said, it's not that heavy either.
Cons: For the purposes of gaming, this laptop is actually disappointing for the price.
* The maximum resolution is 1920x1080. There have been 1920x1280 monitors commonly available for around ten years, and the graphics card can't support them.
* The Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics adapter is just not that great. 3-5 year old games sometimes can't get 30 FPS.
* It comes with bloatware. I don't hold it against this particular laptop/brand, though, because lots of similar laptops from many other brands will do the same.
* Power vs cost - This isn't a bad laptop by any means. But - if you're not into power specs, then you should probably be buying a cheaper laptop. If you ARE into power specs, then I would argue that these results for the cost just aren't worth it. I bought this laptop a half year ago, so maybe by the time you're reading this review it's now worth it. But I feel like once you are in the $1K+ range, you should be looking for fairly powerful options, and this laptop provides mid-line results. This laptop sacrifices graphical power for memory and hard drive space, so if that's what you're looking for, ignore this bullet point.
Other Thoughts: In the end, this isn't a bad laptop. It's just not amazing.
So, would I recommend it? Yes, if the price is right.