Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Cheap, descent specs for $299.99
- Win 7
- Polite Non-Dell Customer Support
Cons: - Machines have stickers on them to cover broken/scratched plastics.
- Two of Six Arrived with Failed Memory ( They sent replacement memory of the wrong size twice 1GB instead of 2GB sticks)
- Four Machines had batteries that the machine reported as needed replacement (They sent replacements)
- One Machine just died after about two weeks of running
- Not Dell Supported or Refurbished
Other Thoughts: This was the first refurb I had bought from NewEgg. Based on this experience I don't plan to buy any others as these are more like pulls/off lease then refurb units. They were listed as Dell being the vendor, based on purchases from the DellOutlet, I don't think Dell would have shipped units in this condition. Also, I used to refurb off lease computer monitors and printers and they looked "New" or we didn't ship them, this was not the case here.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: They were cheap at 299.99 each with Windows7 Pro, the customer service of Metro PC was pretty good. They replaced the defective memory modules and batteries.
Cons: These laptops are not refurbished, they are off lease pulls and vary greatly in condition. I used to work for a company that refurbished equipment and we would have never sent out product in this condition.
Of the six I purchased
- 3 of them have a black sticker on top of the LCD cover to disguise cracks in the cover.
- The batteries are all marginal with some being reported as defective by the laptop
- One had a bad stick of Memory and took multiple attempts to get them to send a module with the correct size.
-The eraser point covers on the keyboards are worn out.
It wouldn't have taken much to clean these laptops up, test them and make sure they were in at least decent condition. But I will know in the future to avoid "Refurbished" on NewEgg.