Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - The unit was small and relatively attractive.
- It played 1080p x264 encodes perfectly. It could even stream them via wireless N from my server located in the basement two floors down without issue.
- Easily ran Windows 7 and XMBC.
Cons: - The case uses a proprietary fan which is next to impossible to replace, which is unfortunate because it is VERY loud. Quite distracting when watching a movie. The fan also spins to full speed rather frequently, such as when browsing through my XBMC library, and at the BIOS screen during each boot for some reason. I solved this by changing the temperature settings at which the fan runs at full speed in BIOS, but it still ran at full speed during boot.
- This unit supports S3 sleep function, but the USB ports are NOT powered during S3 sleep, so you MUST hit the power button on the device to turn it back on--your USB keyboard/mouse/remote will not work to resume the computer from S3 sleep.
- USB resume/wake will work with S1 sleep, but the fan stays on during S1 sleep! Since the fan is very loud, this is an issue.
- Computer uses 20w during S1 sleep! Should be a few watts, not that many, since it only uses about 25-30w when it's actually running. Unacceptable for a "green" comp
Other Thoughts: I really wanted to like this computer but am returning it due to the cons listed above.READ FULL REVIEW