Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Definitely not the cheapest microSD storage around, but most assuredly This Is The Good Stuff. A small premium for an excellent product. Would Buy Again with confidence!
Cons: A slight premium in cost. No other issues at all.
Other Thoughts: Do your homework, You'll find that this is very good, high-quality microSD memory. No regrets whatsoever!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Hoover UH70805 WindTunnel 2 High Capacity Bagless Upright Vacuum
Pros: - Strong suction, impressive
- Bagless system is logical and well-designed: easy to remove, handle, empty and clean, and reattach
- Reasonably lightweight
- Like the size and accessibility of the HEPA filter element
- Easy to push around
- Bottom-line: does the job, vacuums the carpets and floors well!
Cons: - Cord management is wonky, the top 'hook' tab spins far too easily, had to tighten up the screw myself to make it stop dumping the whole cord as soon as I pulled off one loop of cord, but the screw works its way loose again...
- Awkward on-off switch placement, but you can get used to it
- Clunky carpet-height adjuster: stiff action, and coarse in adjustment (I found it doesn't fine-tune well below the medium height setting)
- Bristle rows on beater brush are a bit undersized in width and have sizable gaps between them, which leaves obvious 'stripes' of un-brushed carpet after each pass. The result of this is you have to be more careful in your overlap on the next pass as you go, to avoid little spots of un-brushed carpet, which means more passes overall, which means a bit less efficiency in time & effort.
- Tube cut-over system to use the crevice tool and upholstery-brush is really funky and to me, awkward to deploy. So much so, that I don't bother with it and use a separate Miele canister vac instead.
- Hard plastic wheels are noisy rolling on hard floors
Other Thoughts: So, lots of cons for this inexpensive vacuum, but don't be deceived - if you want a simple, low-cost but effective upright vacuum for moderate cleaning and not for the attachment tool utility, this is pretty much ideal. Almost all the cons are mitigated when balanced against cost, and offset by pluses and with a little patience in use. The brush width issue just means a little more time spent with a few extra back-and-forths over a given carpet.
To me, the bagless system is the star of this model - super easy to monitor dirt levels, to remove and carry to the emptying area of choice, one button to release the trap-door bottom and dump the contents (this is actually really nice, you don't have to invert the unit to empty it!) and you push another button to access the HEPA filter element. No tools, no time, no trouble.
I got this when it was a Deal of the Day, for 40% off the retail price. At the retail price it stands up well against the comparably-priced DDevil we use at work. Subjectively, I prefer this vacuum to the DDevil as this has much higher capacity, easier to empty, and filters the exhaust air better. I *totally* would buy again for that DotD price! :-)
Pros: Meets spec, and then some
Very low noise (both audible and electrical)
10 year warranty (did I mention build quality?)
Cons: The obvious con is price, but this is a false impression as the cost is mitigated by value received in multiple ways.
Perhaps the stiffness of the cables, but again, they are properly-gauged and that means they're gonna be thick, so they are little stiffer than you might be used to. Deal with it, as you should for delivering this power.
Other Thoughts: Pretty much everything about this power supply is correct. From the cap-filtered cables (every single one of them!), to the Power cord (12 ga.), this unit is built correctly and you can actually see and measure the premium you pay for this supply. I've worked in avionics for a decade testing power supplies, and this is the best consumer PC power supply I have seen or used. I've measured mine in used and can attest that JohnnyGURU got it dead-on right.READ FULL REVIEW