Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Looks great
Cons: Refuses to operate with stability with the XMP setting on an Asus Sabertooth S Z170. I did a fresh windows install, latest BIOS and component drives. Constantly blue screes on start up with XMP setting some times, wont POST other times. Not happy at all.
Other Thoughts: Its unique but I took a performance hit with this.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Thermaltake VP40031W2N Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case w/ Liquid Cooling System
Pros: LCS is pretty nice for the price, it is a nice looking case
Cons: Okay, where to start
1. The cooling fans on the radiator are junk, they made more racket than a cat in heat. I had to remove the brand new fans and put on some articcool fans off of my old case.
2. The case needs to be at least 2 inches taller. You have to completely remove the radiator to install the mother board.
3. It will not work with RAM that has a tall heat sink. Once you put the MOBO in, you realize you need to put the ram in before you can put the radiator in. Well to my dismay when I put in the Radiator in, I bent one of the RAM DIMMS on ASUS Rampage IV Black mother board to the point that the dim in question no longer works. If the MOBO was just a hair taller it would have cleared everything. In the end I figured out if I clipped or removed the fans protective wiring it wold fit the ram.
4. It says it will handle an E-ATX MOBO, and it does, just not very well. I only have access to half of my processors heat sink brace. The MOBO covers up almost all of the cable routing holes.
5. The front faced fits very loose
6. The USB 3.0 cable for the front port is too stiff and torques on the plug a little to much and has popped off.
7. With the LCS in place you can only fit one 5 inch drive. The 3 inch drive can not be modified to for a 5 inch drive.
Update: after a year and a half ownership the case is still holding up well and the SATA hard drive adapter on the top of the case has come in hand many many time. It just need to be a tad bigger in dimensions all around
Pros: Absolutely silent
Other Thoughts: Perfect for an always on HTPC. In the year I have owned the PS, my HTPC has only been shut off a small hand full of times. Not once have I had the fans come on to cool it down. If you want a dead quiet PS for your HTPC this is the only way to go.READ FULL REVIEW