Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. Setup is extremely easy, create an account, verify it, and hold the phone to the camera. (This is a make or break step for most users).
2. The lag is minimal, if you are on the same network. If you are outside the network, I don't think it actually works.
3. Night vision works nice!
4. You can view up to 4 cameras at a time (the feature is in the app).
Cons: 1. Mine did not come with the 130 degree wide lens. I'm guessing it's an addon. So I cannot review that piece of this.
2. No IFTTT interface (don't know why it's listed as a feature).
3. Proprietary only mass storage options. These are the subscription to the cloud or a proprietary network drive. You can NOT use your own hard drives with this camera.. BAD!
4. This is NOT a security camera. Security cameras allow you to store the much needed footage (aka security footage) onto your local setup. This.Does.Not.
Other Thoughts: 1. When switching between basic, standard, and hi def mode, you need to reboot the app (This is ok, as long as you know you need to reboot).
If they fixed the above issues, I would purchase several of these. If they created an outdoors version, this would be excellent. Unfortunately, due to the proprietary nature of this camera... I would say the target audience are those who are curious but not serious.
Pros: 1. Came in a box with nice bubble wrap (static safe!)
2. 1.81 TB of space (this is good).
3. 5 year warranty! This means Seagate stands by their product! This is GREAT!
Cons: 1. Only one Con.. Speed is slooooow.
Other Thoughts: This drive is advertised as 5x faster than a 7200 RPM drive. Nope!
Crystal Disk Mark stats below:
Seq (Q32T1): 169 / 198
4k (Q32T1): 1.6 / 4.8
Seq: 197 / 202
4k: 0.89 / 4.8
So, this would be good for a storage drive only. But… I really can’t recommend this for anything else.
With that said. This is one of the extremely few drives that have a standard warranty (5 years is standard for ALL electronics).
Seagate MUST be commended for that!
Pros: Right on the package, it says the following:
Lifetime warranty (meaning, they stand by their products)
XRay Proof (what? why?)
Water Proof (This is huge for those of us who live in a rainforest)
Shock Proof (good to know)
Cons: None that I can find.
Other Thoughts: Onward to the tests:
Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 82.729 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 14.891 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 3.407 MB/s [ 831.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 0.606 MB/s [ 147.9 IOPS]
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 80.116 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 14.890 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 3.140 MB/s [ 766.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 0.629 MB/s [ 153.6 IOPS]
Big file copying speed:
Write: 3 minutes, 28 seconds
Read: 4 seconds
Tests ran off a USB3 connection.