Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Acer Laptop R5-571T-59DC Intel Core i5 6200U (2.30 GHz) 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 520 15.6" Full HD 10-point multitouch IPS screen Windows 10 Home (Manufacturer Recertified)
Pros: 1. Price was great
2. Screen is beautiful. 1920x1080 goodness. Nice glossy look.
3. "Convertible" laptops are super convenient.
4. The look of the laptop is just beautiful
5. The Back-lit keyboard is nice in low light or nighttime use ,it goes off after a few minutes and back on when you use it.
6. Touch screen is super responsive and very accurate.
7. The hardware is decent in it.
Cons: None of these are truly cons or worth deducting any eggs for. Just my feelings and opinions.
1. The power button is on the side of the machine which is just weird IMO.
2. The battery is not removable. I am assuming you gotta take the unit apart to change/replace the battery.
3. No SSD. No biggie though. Just nowadays with how everything has an SSD in it I was kinda surprised. I plan to add one in the coming weeks. it has a 5400rpm in it right now which I found amusing :)
4. The bloatware, my G0dz. Its insane. Easy to uninstall all of it but its the fact you have to spend so much time wiping it. Thank goodness for CCleaner!
5. The fans run nonstop like others report. They are not loud so its no biggie. Thinking the thermal solutions might not be acquitted if the fans are going constantly.
Other Thoughts: With all my "cons" above ( which I don't think are cons at all but rather a place for me to vent about things) this is a great laptop! Primary got this for my wife and her tiny business she runs. It runs so smooth and is very easy on the eyes. All around its a great computer and I would buy it again knowing what I know now.
My wife will use it for MS Word and whatnot, watching shows/movies, Youtube, Facebook, and video chatting. So nothing hardcore or really resource or hardware intensive. I am willing to bet you could play some games on here but I wouldn't bet it could play BF1 or The Witcher 3 very well. I am willing to bet the frames would be pretty bad.
As for the shipping. Newegg shipped this thing super super fast from the warehouse. I ordered it on a Friday and had it Saturday before noon, unreal shipping. The packaging is a different story though. I know ACER is responsible for the packaging of the laptop and it had no packaging in it. No bubble wrap, cardboard paper, nothing. Absolutely nothing! The computer was just sliding around in the box. I have no idea how it got to my house undamaged but it did. Not a scratch on it surprisingly. ACER needs to not do that in the future. VERY unhappy with how they did that. Again, I know its not Neweggs fault.
All in all if you need a laptop for general use like internet browsing, small business, movie watching, light gaming, then this is for you. If you need something with some horsepower for gaming or audio/video editing then look elsewhere.
This review is from: BELKIN F4U018vBLK 7 Port USB 2.0 Mobile Hub Black Clamshell Packaging
Pros: 1. 7 available USB ports
2. Small form factor
3.Nice sleek black/somewhat clearish look
4. No lights on the unit at all giving it a nice low profile look
5. Seems very stable and working good since I have owned the unit
6. I got this little USB hub when it was $4.99 with free S/H.
7. Very good and trusted brand name
Cons: None. it's a USB hub. its pretty basic and simple which is a good thing!READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. First cpu I have bought in 6 years.
2. K series is a must for me
3. its Intel
4. The reviews and benchmarks are insane on this cpu.
5. Coming from an i7 920 is like and day. Crazy performance increase.
Cons: Not really a con but the stock fan and heatsink are a joke even for stock clocks and all that jazz. Get rid of the stock cooler and get a better air cooler and if you are gonna overclock get a watercooler. Common sense stuff obviously but felt I should add it.
Other Thoughts: I came from a 1366 i7 920 2.67GHz and I had that overclocked to 4.2GHz on water. It was still super fast but it has been 6yrs since I upgraded and I was seriously itching to. The i7 920 had its bottlenecks no matter how much I overclocked it.
I read so many reviews and comparisons about how its not that big of a difference from the i7 920 to the i7 4790k. ...........boy were they wrong. its like night and day. It is ungodly faster than my older 920.
I suppose I will keep this cpu for 4-6 years like I usually do with my past builds. I like to squeeze as much outta it as possible and I hear the overclocking is just as good and stable as my older i7 920 was.
I look forward to the fun times I will have with overclocking this jewel and pushing her to the limits! :)