Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: It was cheap and light.
Cons: - The mouse cursor randomly resets itself every 1-5 minutes. If I'm typing, suddenly the cursor will move and I'll be typing on another part of the page. Think of how annoying that is every 1-5 minutes. (And I know how to type and not rest my palm on the touchpad.)
- It freezes if you try to move between windows by clicking on the bottom bar. If you have two browser windows and you hover your mouse over the icon on the bottom bar, the system locks and you have to do turn it off and on again.
- It freezes randomly. I haven't seen a pattern for this yet, but every 2-3 hours, it just freezes up and you have to power cycle. Since I work online, I'm usually rebooting 4-5 times per day.
- The hard drive partitioned itself. This could be a Windows 8.1 issue, but the system crashed one day and, upon recovery, created a hidden partition with over half of the hard drive's space.
Other Thoughts: As you can see, it's not just a problem with a space bar. What's worse? ASUS technical support has been horrible. I spoke with them three times.
1) The tech gave me instructions to unpartition my drive. I followed them to the letter (I know what I'm doing) and it crashed my hard drive. I had to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows, losing a lot of personal data in the process. (It's hard to back stuff up when your laptop keeps freezing.)
2) The tech didn't give me any help. He/She just gave me two 800 numbers to call. Guess what? Neither number worked.
3) The tech told me that, by now, the 90 day warranty had expired and, even though all of these issues came out of the box, I would have to pay at least $140.00 USD, plus shipping, and wait 5-7 business days.
In other words, the techs gave me bad responses which waited out the warranty period. Now they want to charge me to make their product work normally.
This was my first ASUS product--and my last. I can handle stuff that's not perfect, but between fundamental problems and support being worse than a waste of time, I will never buy another ASUS product again.