Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Very quiet.
Great 80 Plus Gold platform (see other thoughts) for a low price.
Compatible with new Haswell low power states.
Cons: All 4 SATAs on a single chain and all molex connectors on a single chain. It may be difficult to use all connectors if you needed them.
Other Thoughts: There's only 5 cables and you will probably be using them all so the non-modular design doesn't really matter.
This PSU uses Sirfa's HPM platform, which is also used by Rosewill Photon (<= 750W). You can read up jonnyguru's review of SilentiumPC Supremo M1 Gold 550W, which also uses this platform. They differ mainly by the fan, caps, and connectors.
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console
Pros: Whether you are a PC or current gen gamer, you're first reaction after turning on the system and launching a game is that this really is next gen.
- Eye catching hardware
- Effortless setup
- Integrated and easier to use UI. The store is seamlessly integrated into the UI. Downloading from the store is a one-click process
- Fast and smooth UI. Can go to the UI from the middle of a firefight without skipping a beat.
- Designed for the gamer. The system does everything it could to make jumping into a game as smooth and fast as possible. Cold system bootup is less than half a minute. Even though disc games needs to be installed, even a 40+GB game needs only 3 mins before you can start. Game updates occurs during standby and in the background. Changing audio from the middle of a game is one button push.
- Gorgeous gameplay experience. High frame rate, high resolution, and detailed textures. Unprecedented for launch titles.
- Tons of indie support.
- Tons of F2P games. Don't need PS+ for most of these.
- No paywall for paid services like Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- DS4 improves on the DS3 in every way. Hard to go back.
- Remote play works on every game. No longer tied to my TV.
- Instant game collection. I only bought BF4 and K:SF (both from Newegg), but I already have a backlog thanks to PS+ (Resogun, Contrast), F2P (DCUO, Warframe, BLR), and Cross-Buy promotions (Flower, Sound Shape).
- User-replaceable hardware. Very easy to do.does not void the warranty. Mine is now a HGST 5k1500 1.5TB HDD.
Cons: - Arguably limited launch line-up (not much from Japan).
Other Thoughts: Newegg was great and offered my launch day delivery for only $10.READ FULL REVIEW
2 platter design
Stable (no lockups after downloading and installing 300+ GB of games from PSN)
Good read speed
Cons: Write speed is a bit slow (may be due to 512e causing read-modify-write on unaligned sectors)
Other Thoughts: If you don't mind the slightly slow write speed (noticeable only during large game installations), the drive is great.
Otherwise, I would suggest the Seagate drives which comes with Smart Align, which allows the drive to avoid read-modify-write independent of OS. A lot of the people like Samsung, but it should have the same issue, so I'm guessing either its firmware does things faster/better or they aren't timing things