Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: SilverStone SDP10B 5.25" to 3.5" and 2.5" Bay Converter
Pros: * Quality metal construction
* Plenty of mounting options
* Will fit behind the case faceplate without interference
* Mounts 2 2.5 SSD drives easily in top position
* Can use a 3.5 bracket to mount 2 more SSD's for a total of 4 SSDs in one 5 1/4 bay.
Cons: * Not easy to get a 3.5 drive mounted (but figured out a better way - keep reading)
* Screwdriver access holes are a bit off so you have to come in at a bit of an angle.
Other Thoughts: Some have mentioned a magnetic screwdriver is needed to hold the screws. I didn't have one and dropped screw after screw even with a helper. Then I taped the head of the screw onto the screwdriver and easily finished the job by myself. Just keep the tape from getting under the head or it will get clamped down.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm Case Fan
Pros: * Whisper quiet at low and high speed
* Quality construction
* Comes with splitter, low noise, and extension cables
* Moves a good bit of air for how quiet it is
Cons: * Not the most airflow in the world
* In most situations you have to use the extension cable because the attached cable is pretty short
Other Thoughts: Overall very happy with this fan, but there aren't a lot of high-end quiet fans to choose from in the 140mm space that actually have 140mm mounting holes like I needed. If a 140 with 120 mounting holes would work there are other good ones to consider.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: APEVIA G-120MM 120mm Fan Grill
Pros: * Better airflow than the mesh grill built into in my case
* It's already painted black
Cons: Paint will chip off when tightened down with metal fasteners, but nothing a little spray paint won't fix.
Other Thoughts: Cut out the mesh grill on my case's exhaust fan and replaced with this wire grill and gained a noticeable improvement in air flow.READ FULL REVIEW