Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Creative White 40GB MP3 Player 70PF131000010
Pros: My 39 gigs of music fit on one device. It has great sound reproduction. I've dropped it a couple times so far, and it's still working great. I love the fact that it has a rechargable battery pack, so that I'm not eating up AA batteries. Though, I hope it doesn't go bad....
Cons: The scroll bar is annoying and inexact. I didn't know before purchasing the Zen, that you aren't supposed to run with a hard drive based MP3 player. The software interface is terrible, but once the music is on the device, who cares. The drivers are a pain in the buttocks if you don't read the manual to find out that you have to install the drivers BEFORE hooking it up to the computer. It's supposed to charge over the USB port, but it just turned on and ran the battery down on mine.
Other Thoughts: I hear that there's a firmware update that's supposed to make it easier to use, but I haven't had a chance to install it yet.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. A great laptop for a great price.
2. Very little OEM software installed.
3. After the initial setup, it prompts you to make a system backup.
4. The keyboard feels like a normal keyboard to me.
5. The Function + F7 touchpad disable is a very nice touch.
6. Three USB on the side, and one in back.
7. Wireless reception is great.
8. The BIOS allows you to have the Wireless adapter radio on or off at system boot.
9. The Turion runs at 800MHz untill it's needed, at which time I've seen my processor go up to 1625MHz so far.
Cons: 1. I can't reach Acer's website (though it could be a connection issue through the military network)
2. The Wireless Enable/Disable button is too easily hit if the laptop is on your lap.
3. Three partitions. One restore of two gigs, then two 45 gig partitions.
4. I'd like to be able to map the Bluetooth Enable/Disable button to some other function since this computer doesn't have Bluetooth.
5. The speakers are a little too quiet, but that could be a placement issue.
6. I would have liked if Acer had moved the keyboard to one side and added a number pad. There would have been enough room, though it might be harder to type with an offset keyboard.
Other Thoughts: I thought that there was a price error when I first came across this laptop, but Acer priced it right into my range. I didn't buy it from Newegg because they were out of stock at the time and I wanted it "right now".
I bought it from a company that said that they had 322 in stock at the time. After finding out it was backordered to two weeks out, I tried to cancel the order. They ignored my emails and sent it anyways, I got it a month after I ordered it. I'm glad I have it, but I should have just waited for Newegg to get it in.
Pros: 1. 300 Gigs for whatever.
2. Works with 2 of 3 IDE to USB converters.
3. It's Western Digital
4. It will work in an XBox.
Cons: 1. It's not 400 gigs.
2. It's not a WD Raptor drive.
Other Thoughts: A nice drive, and perfect for adding to a modded XBox (as long the mod chip works)
Who can complain about having an extra 300gigs laying around?