Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - It was cheap
- Had good reviews
Cons: - I didn't like it blowing up in my face
- I didn't like the damage to my APC Smart-UPS 5000 (SUA5000RMT5U)
- I didn't like my power cord being partially welded to the device
Other Thoughts: I purchased this device to see how much power my newly built plex media server was pulling. I'm a Systems Engineer for an MSP, and my home setup is a little more advance than most. This device was to sit between my APC Smart-UPS 5000 and my Plex Media Server (PMS). I powered down my PMS, and unplugged the power cord from the pigtail running to the UPS. I plugged the Rosewill RHSP-13001 into the pigtail. So far, so good. I plugged the powercord from my PMS into the Rosewill RHSP-13001, and get a nice flash of light accompanied by a deafening pop. The surge was so great that it not only tripped the UPS it was plugged into, but the 30A breaker the UPS is connected to as well, bringing down my entire network, servers and all.
All said and done, the power cord for my PMS is toast, as it was partially welded to the Rosewill RHSP-13001, and I lost 1 of 8 power ports on the back of my UPS. So far my PMS seems to be ok, but it's unknown if any damage was done to the PSU of that server.
Here's a picture of the product after this incident - http://i.imgur.com/6KTc7S0.jpg
Although I certainly will not recommend this product to anyone I know, it does have many more positive reviews than negative reviews. This incident has made me question whether the discounted price of Rosewill products is worth the risk in quality. I intend to contact Rosewill in regards to this incident. At this time, I would say that the way they handle the situation will determine whether I will purchase their products again in the future. I will provide an update in regards to their support.
Pros: Wireless, Surround Sound... when it works.
Cons: 1. Everything causes interference with it.
2. Can't walk more than 7 feet away from the receiver without losing connection.
3. It constantly shuts off.
4. It occasionally has an issue with charging which requires you to drain the battery completely with it unplugged, wait a few minutes, and then let it charge for at least 10 minutes before you can use it again. You'll know when that's happening because you'll suddenly get a high frequency buzzing sound.
5. Not practical in stereo mode, sound becomes unbalanced and primarily comes out of the left side.
6. Surround sound mode glitches out occasionally and you have to turn off the headset, turn off the surround sound, turn the headset back on, then off, then turn the surround sound back on, then turn the headset back on and you can get the surround sound back.
7. Microphone doesn't always stay muted (if it loses connection and reconnects, microphone will be on regardless of position or mute status)
8. Headset will turn on by itself occasionally when it's plugged in (really annoying to come home from work to pickup a dead headset, and then people on mumble asking why you left your headset turned on)
9. Longest I've ever got the headset to last on battery is 4 hours. I pretty use it plugged into the charger at all times.
10. Even though the charger is USB, the connection does not revert to USB when plugged in. So you still occasionally drop connection to the receiver when charging.
Other Thoughts: (Owned Headset for 10 months) I bought this headset because it had good reviews. The headset had issues straight out of the box. Me and a buddy bought these at the same time, he was smart enough to send his back and ordered a SkullCandy Plyr 2. Much better than this headset. My issues have only continued to get worse since day one. Today, it took me 15 minutes to get the headset to turn on and stay on for more than 5 seconds, likely from a charging issue. Had to unplug in, let the battery drain out, then plug it in and wait a few minutes, then turn it on. I'm done with this headset, and likely done with Logitech products after this point.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Rosewill High Back Fabric Executive Chair - Black (RFFC-11007)
Pros: Great price for this style of chair.
Cons: If you don't look closely at the pictures, it looks like the arms have padding. They do not. It's simply molded plastic. The chair is very stiff. It supports tilting, but the tension is so strong that I literally have to brace my foot on a wall or desk to get the chair to tilt back. Perhaps someone heavier set would be able to tilt back easier. (I only weigh 160 lbs)
Other Thoughts: This isn't the worst chair I've ever owned. I don't plan on returning it, I'll keep it around as a backup chair. Honestly, I would have given this chair a 4 star rating if it had padding on the armrests. I'm sure after time this chair will break-in more and more comfortable to sit in, but until then, I might as well have bought a wooden chair of some sort.READ FULL REVIEW