Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Case -
• Case looks great
• Good space with a lot of options to fit your needs
• worth the money
• Has the ability to get you excited wit the prospect of getting a free water cooling system
• Looks like something that works
• No problems, really. I like the case quite a bit - it was worth the money
I'm sure the cooler itself works fine... I never heard any clicking noises like other people reported. However, It wasn't keeping my processsor cool at all. I had the problem that others have reported - that the bracket that's used to tighten it to the mobo is so poorly engineered that it is nearly impossible to get the thing to make decent contact with the processor. My system kept overheating and shutting down. I reinstalled 3 times.
Here's the problem:
• the bolts that go through the back have no way of staying in place firmly; they spin as you try to tighten the nut on the other end
• I had to use needlenose pliers to hold the bolt in place, but the nut strips the threads as you tighten the cooler into place. Due to this, I could never get the cooler on tight enough for it to make proper contact
I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I finally just went back to using my old air cooler.
I could request a new bracket, I suppose, but I don't have a lot of faith that the outcome will be any different.
Other Thoughts: The case is very nice; worth the money alone. If your looking for something subtly stylish with great features, this is the case.
But don't get too excited about the water cooling system, as it seems to be a random lottery on who gets the combination of Good Bracket & Functioning Cooler.
Pros: Cost / Hardware / Screen Size / Looks like a stealth bomber / Rubberized chassis & hand rest / LCD screen produces a gorgeous rich BLACK / Skyrim on Ultra (smooth as silk) / Quiet
Cons: My previous laptop chassis was made of aluminum & magnesium alloy; very sturdy feel. This laptop chassis is plastic, and makes me a little nervous that it will crack in just a matter of months (not founded on science; just my tendency to bang my laptop bag around).
The only other con is just aesthetic... The whole laptop looks really cool, but the keyboard looks like it belongs on a toy laptop. I just wish that the font & icons were smaller
Other Thoughts: Overall, I am VERY, VERY pleased with the purchase. The laptop is big & heavy; but if you didn't want a big heavy laptop, why are you looking at a gaming one with a 17.3 inch monitor?READ FULL REVIEW