Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Inexpensive
- Pretty compact micro-ATX case that will still fit larger graphics cards.
- Very open interior for air flow
- Has a USB 3.0 port on the front (remember this in your motherboard selection)
Cons: - The the lower right motherboard stand off position was not in the correct location for the motherboard leaving that corner unsupported. This is a mfg error because it deviates from the micro-atx form factor.
- Since it is such thin metal they need to better protect the middle of the case in the box with foam, my case was bent from being struck by something during shipping.
Other Thoughts: Bear in mind that my rating takes into consideration that it is a $20 case. It is probably 26ga steel which is pretty thin and it is flimsy, I dealt with it (again, $20 case). I personally like mounting the HDD on the side of the cage using its bottom four holes, it keeps it more free flowing inside the case & you don't have to remove the other side panel for installation. DVD drives are obsolete to me, I stream video or gaming so I don't miss the DVD drive. I preferred the open space afforded by the absence of the DVD drive to use for cable management.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Perhaps the single biggest benefit of this processor is the high performance per watt which enables the use of low heat, inexpensive external power supplies.
- The 5350 played pretty well with Linux (Ubuntu 14.04). I'm expecting that it will with Windows too.
- The fan was quiet and the temps were very cool.
- The performance is pretty good for what it is. I look forward to seeing the progression of CPU's like this from AMD.
Cons: None yet. I assembled it and it has done everything I expected of it so far.
Other Thoughts: - I used an Asrock AM1H-ITX motherboard and an external 19V 65W power supply (2.5mm X 5.5mm jack). The layout is pretty clean and free flowing without the 24pin and 4pin power connections/ wire harnesses.
- Almost no heat build-up under everyday computing use.
- The fan installation isn't so bad...just push the pins in and lock them one at a time. It's actually a pretty clean way to do it.
Pros: Add it to your cart, you won't be disappointed!
This processor is a solid performer. Didn't hesitate once on Planetside 2 (played with a 6570 & later on a 650TI card).
Other Thoughts: In an earlier post I noted HDMI audio troubles. Drivers were installed and correct audio device was set as default, good cable but there was no sound.
Good news is that, after pulling the video card and installing Intel's newer HD4600 driver (184.108.40.206.3496), I now have full sound via HDMI with no other system changes. Might have been an early bug that is now in the rear view mirror...Now it is the quiet HTPC it was originally intended to be.