Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Razer Tiamat 7.1 Surround Sound Over Ear PC Gaming Headset
Pros: 1. True 7.1 sound
2. Nice aesthetics
3. Green lighting accents of razer products compliment Nvidia based gaming rigs
Cons: 1. Volume was very low and sound quality sounded distorted from day 1. Razer flat out refused to RMA the headset citing that it was a sound card or driver issue and that my issue was with my sound card manufacture not them.
2. Microphone failed to stay in the extended position after about 1 year and 3 months of use; Requiring the use of a rubber band around the base of the microphone to hold it in in the fully extended position next to my mouth. Once again razer denied any type of RMA citing that their product warranty is only for 1 year, Despite me explaining to them that the the product was not mistreated and the microphone does work, It just refuses to stay next to my mouth.
3. Headset is very heavy. Probably not good for extended sessions, Especially if you do not have a muscular neck.
4. Razer sells replacement earpads for their $80 kraken headset, But not for their top of the line $200 tiamat 7.1. (pathetic)
Other Thoughts: I was finally ready to replace this headset recently and I decided to open it up. What I found dumbfounded me. There are 2 solder joints where the braided cord comes through the rubber stress releaver on the left earcup. For some reason Razer shrink wrapped the solder joints of + AND - together. I separately insulated them and reassembled the headset. This eliminated the random pops and crackles, The sound loud, clear and distortion free now. (Thus finally resolving Con #1.)
I would never recommend a razer product to anybody. Should you decide to purchase their products please do not allow their support team to talk you into keeping a product that you have reason to believe is defective. Arrange a return with newegg citing the reason as defective merchandise.
This review is from: OtterBox Defender Black Solid Case For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 77-23996
Pros: Helps you grip the phone better
Built in screen protector.
Allows adequate access to all of the buttons, ports and stylist on the phone
Rotating belt clip on holster makes it easy to clip it on what ever clothing you are wearing.
Cons: Dust works its way in between the front of the case and the screen making it necessary to remove the phone from the case every so often to clean it.
High retail price. Thankfully newegg hooked me up. When I ordered mine it was only $35. Normally the case resells for $60 in retail stores.
Holster does not cover 100% of the screen. Their is a tiny area on the right side of the holster that something could in theory get into and scratch the screen of the phone. It is highly unlikely this would happen as the holes are very tiny but it is still worth noting.
Other Thoughts: The case adds a bit of bulk to the phone. I my opinion this is a good thing as I had trouble gripping the thin phone in the couple of days I had it before the case arrived.
It makes the phone feel really solid. I still would not look to drop it but it seems to have made it a lot more durable.
All in all I am really happy with the case. I am glad I got it instead of one of the other solutions on the market. If I had to I would rebuy the case same case in the future. The price is a bit of a stretch though at $60 though.
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes
Pros: Keeps processor cool, Quiet, Does not cost that much compared to other coolers.
Includes provisions for 2nd fan for a push / pull setup.
Cons: 1. 2nd fan not included.
2. Large size made installing a ram cooler not possible.
Other Thoughts: Good cooler for a basic build. For the $20 this cooler cost after rebate you really cant go wrong.READ FULL REVIEW