Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Raspberry Pi B+ Broadcom BCM2835 SoC ARM11 700 MHz Low Power ARM1176JZFS Applications Processor Motherboard / CPU / VGA Combo
- Micro USB socket 5V, 2A
- Full size HDMI port
- 3.35" x 2.2"
New Product Launch! Introducing Raspberry Pi Model B+
Meet Your New Favorite Piece of Hardware
What is a Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It is a capable little computer which can be used in electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does - like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn how computers work, how to manipulate the electronic world around them, and how to program.
Introducing Raspberry Pi Model B+
In the two years since the launch of the current Raspberry Pi Model B, there has been talk about RasberryPi's intention to do one more hardware revision to incorporate the numerous small improvements people have been asking for.This isn't a "Raspberry Pi 2," but rather the final evolution of the original Raspberry Pi. Today, this final revision is available, at $35 – it's still the same price. Meet the Raspberry Pi Model B+.
The Model B+ uses the same BCM2835 application processor as the Model B. It runs the same software, and still has 512MB RAM; but following key improvements have been made:
- More GPIO – The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB – We now have four USB 2.0 ports, compared to two on the Model B, and better hotplug and over-current behavior.
- Micro SD – The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower Power Consumption – By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we've reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better Audio – The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater Form Factor – We've aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
If you're interested learning more, check out the video below.
You're going to love Model B+, but to ensure continuity of supply for industrial customers, the Model B will be kept in production as long as there's demand for it.
|Model B+||Model B|
|Chip||Broadcom BCM2835 SoC Full HD Multimedia Applications Processor||Broadcom BCM2835 SoC Full HD Multimedia Applications Processor|
|RAM||512MB SDRAM @ 400MHz||512MB SDRAM @ 400MHz|
|USB 2.0||Four USB Ports||Two USB Ports|
|Power Draw / Voltage||600mA up to 1.8A @ 5V||750mA up to 1.2A @ 5V|
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy