The Synology DS413 Four-Bay Diskless System is a high performance, eco-friendly network attached storage solution specifically designed for workgroups and offices. Its Dual Core processor, abundant amount of memory, and Gigabit LAN enable an ultra-smooth, lag-free response, while the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and eSATA connection allow instant, lightning-fast storage expansion. Running on the renowned Synology DSM operating system, and featuring an abundance of applications and features, this system provides an cost-effective way to centralize data backups, protect critical assets, and share files. Complete with the high reliability and stability Synology is renowned for, you can rest assured that your business will be performing at top efficiency with minimized issues and maximized up time.
- Dual Core Performance with Smart Energy ManagementWith Dual Core processing power, the Synology DS413 delivers an average 80.86 MB/sec writing speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 111.12 MB/sec reading1. The built-in Floating-Point Unit makes for faster thumbnail processing to enhance photo viewing at different resolutions. With its USB 3.0 support – which offers transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbps, namely 10 times faster than USB 2.0 – the DS413 takes less time for data transfer of external hard drives and consumes less power. It delivers high performance when needed, but during low activity levels it uses only a very small amount of power. During System Hibernation mode, it consumes only 3.3 watts of power to listen for network activities, and when needed, resumes back to operation in a very short amount of time. Compared to shutting off the whole system, System Hibernation brings a closer balance between smart energy management and system responsiveness.
- Flexible Storage ManagementThe Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) automatically builds an optimal RAID volume with data protection based on the hard drives installed, eliminating the need to have hard drives of identical size, while still offering a manual setup option for advanced users. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows you to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage your storage across all available hard drives. When the need arises to expand the volumes, simply allocate more storage space on the UI, and the DSM does the rest for you without any service disruption.
- Complete Backup SolutionsThe Synology DS413 offers a centralized backup target to consolidate fragmented and unstructured data across a network. PC users can back up their data to the Synology DS413 using Synology Data Replicator software, and Mac OS X users enjoy native Apple Time Machine integration. A web-based backup wizard is provided for backing up data in the Synology DS413 to another Synology DiskStation or any rsync server via an encrypted protocol, or to an external hard drive via USB and eSATA connections. In addition, backing up to the cloud using Amazon S3 service is supported. The add-on package, Time Backup, keeps DiskStation data in multiple versions, so IT administrators can easily keep track of them and restore to previous versions when needed.
- Rich Office ApplicationsThe Synology DiskStation DS413 runs on the renowned Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) multitasking operating system. Offering a comprehensive list of business applications, the DS413 can be customized to run multiple applications of your choice to fulfill the requirements of your business environment. The DS413 replaces several pieces of traditional network hardware with rich features designed specifically for workgroups and offices, such as antivirus, video surveillance, webmail, VPN, and LDAP directory services. Applications are managed in the Package Center – an application portal that hosts applications as ready-to-use packages – to ensure high software integration as well as one-click-installation to eliminate guess work during installation. Additional approved third-party PHP web applications, such as content management, customer relationship management, and e-commerce systems, can be hosted on the DS413 by using Web Station with support for PHP/MySQL web content.
- Hassle-free System Installation and High Security Data EncryptionWeb Assistant is a web-based utility to make every DiskStation as easy to install as possible. Installation is done inside your existing web browser by setting up all vital system components in few simple steps. Combined with a quick-start widget, users can simultaneously tour the DSM operating system and set it up to use right away. The Synology DS413 is equipped with an encryption engine which offloads the encryption calculation task away from the main CPU, helping to improve file transfer speeds of the DiskStation. Data protection is an important matter for businesses of all sizes. High-end features previously available only on enterprise level hardware are now accessible via Synology DS413 to small- and medium-sized businesses. The DS413 provides share-level AES 256-bit encryption to aid in the prevention of unauthorized access attempts to the hard drives.
- Energy Efficient with Cool and Quiet DesignWith 35.62 watts power consumption during operation, the Synology DS413 is designed with energy efficiency in mind. Not only does it provides two 92x92 mm fans and the smart airflow to keep the system running cool 24/7, but also its noise-dampening design makes it really quiet compared to PC counterparts. The support of multiple scheduled power on/off and System Hibernation can further reduce power consumption and operation costs. All Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts, and packed with recyclable packing materials. Synology acknowledges its responsibility as a global citizen to continually work to reduce the environmental impact of every product produced.