The DiskStation 713+ is a robust, scalable NAS server for business environments. It is equipped with a dual-core Atom CPU, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, two USB 3.0 ports, and a 1 GB DDR3 RAM. It also runs Synology’s DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which can be customized to include applications of your choice to fulfill your requirements. Conveniently compact, the Synology DS713+ has two bays, but it can easily be upgraded with the Synology DX513 expansion unit by connecting to the DS713+ via the eSATA interface for seven bays and up to 28 TB in total.
- High Performance Dual Core CPUWith a dual core CPU and Link Aggregation, the DS713+ keeps up with the speed of your business, with 202.3 MB/sec reading and 135.84 MB/sec writing speed under RAID1 configuration in a Windows environment.* For backup onto external hard drives, Super-Speed USB 3.0 ports provide ten times the transfer speed of their predecessor. Dual-LAN failover support and hot-swappable drives ensure continual service uptime during drive replacement or unexpected LAN failure. (*With Link Aggregation enabled. The performance figures may vary in different environments.)
- Straightforward RAID ManagementSynology Hybrid RAID (SHR) automatically optimizes RAID capacity and protection based on the hard drives installed, eliminating the need for identical sizes while retaining custom setup options for advanced users. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows for more than one volume to be created on a single RAID structure, giving you flexibility across all available drives. Volumes can be expanded as necessary by allocation on the easy-to-use UI, and Synology’s DiskStation Manager (DSM) does the rest without any service interruption.
- Flexible Scalability up to 28 TBWhen the storage capacity of the DS713+ nears its limit, upgrading is easy with the Synology DX513 expansion unit.* Connected via eSATA with specially designed locking devices, the DX513 expands storage capacity up to a maximum of 28 TB, with a minimal amount of time spent in setup and configuration. (*DS713+ supports up to one Synology DX513/DX213, purchased separately.)
- Virtualization ReadyFully compliant with VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V, with iSCSI and VAAI support, the DS713+ is the most affordable virtualization storage solution of its kind. It allows SMB users to consolidate data storage, while giving the illusion of locally attached disks.
- Cross-Platform InteroperabilityDS713+ runs Synology’s award-winning DiskStation Manager (DSM) – an easy-to-operate OS which can be customized to include applications of your choice to fulfill your requirements. Within your business environment, extensive network protocol support provides seamless cross-platform file sharing between Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Windows AD and LDAP integration allows DS713+ to fit into existing business network infrastructure without having to recreate user accounts, while Windows ACL allows IT personnel to set up privileges to files and folders through familiar Windows UI, delivering peace of mind with simplicity.
- Easy Backup SolutionsTo protect your critical business data, the DS713+ can become a centralized backup target for consolidating fragmented and unstructured information across your network through a range of options. PC users can backup to the DS713+ with Synology’s Data Replicator, while the DS713+ also fully supports Mac OS X’s native Apple Time Machine. Synology’s own backup wizard can back up information to another Synology NAS or any rsync server, with the option of using an encrypted connection, or to an external hard drive via USB 3.0 or eSATA. The wizard can also back up your information to the cloud, including Amazon S3 and STRATO HiDrive.