Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Xigmatek goes beyond the conventional in their innovative, efficient thermal solutions. Instead of a copper base or bulky heat spreader, the Achilles S1284 is part of their HDT range of coolers. The Heatpipe Direct Touch system is a cutting edge solution for efficient thermal transference directly from the CPU – heatpipes in direct contact with the CPU instead of being buried within a base. These 4 large U-shaped 8mm pure copper sealed tubes contain fluid which moves the heat upward into the array of large-surface area aluminum convection fins.
The fins are cooled by over 61 CFM of cooling air from the 120mm fan spinning on rifle bearings. Even at its maximum 1500 RPM speed, the fan only generates 20.6 dBA of noise. This level can be lowered automatically, based on thermal demand utilizing the PWM functionality. Controlled by the BIOS, the fan's speed is adjusted automatically as the system detects changes in temperature.
The Achiles sits upon vibration-eliminating rubber mounts which isolate any fan vibrations from the motherboard – ensuring quiet operation. A tool-less clip holds the cooler safely in place on any AMD Socket AM2, 754, 939 or 940 processor as well as all Intel Socket 775 CPUs.
- Superior Heat Dissipation and Cooling PerformanceFour U-type heatpipes integrated with H.D.T. (Heatpipe Direct Touch) technology and high-density aluminum fins maximize heat transfer and dissipation. Plus a huge 120mm rifle bearing fan runs efficiently to deliver unparalleled cooling performance.
- PWM FunctionThe PWM function automatically adjusts fan speeds according to the CPU temperature for efficient cooling and minimized fan noise.
- Easy InstallationThe XIGMATEK HDT-S1284 features a push-pin/clip application design for easy and quick installation without additional tools or the need to remove the motherboard from your case.
- Universal Socket CompatibilityThe XIGMATEK HDT-S1284 features broad compatibility with AMD socket 754, 939, 940, and AM2 platforms, as well as the Intel LGA 775 platform.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Return for refund within: 45 days
- Return for replacement within: 1 year
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's 45/1 Return Policy