Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
This review is from: Ineo I-NA218U PLUS-BL USB 3.0 to SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable with Protection Case for 2.5-Inch SSD/HDD [Supports 3TB+]
Pros: I bought this enclosure because it was USB 3.0 and SATA III compatible with an ASMedia controller chip inside.
1. The white all-in-one connector that attaches to the drive is in of itself sturdy and the USB cable on the drive side is permanently attached so you cannot lose the cable and there will be less disconnect/reconnect issues that would be experienced if the drive side cable connector where to get loose or bent.
2. The silicon sleeve is nice to look at and provides great shock protection, which is another plus.
Cons: Now, for the cons and why the three eggs.
1. Silicon is great for shock protection but does nothing for heat dissipation. In fact, it is a insulator. Might not be a huge issue for SSDs, but 7200 RPM notebook HDDs may eventually die a heat related death.
2. The white all-in-one connector is not designed to be attached in a manner which makes mechanically sturdy from movement up and down at the end of the drive. The only thing holding it on besides friction of the power and data connectors is the very stretchy silicon. This caused disconnect/connect issues when attempting to reposition the drive after it was plugged in, which was necessary because...
3. The cable is laughably short. We are talking 6 inches here, including the connector. In reality, you only have about 4 or 5 inches of actual usable cable. It is just barely long enough to plug in and lay the drive down. Also, because the cable is stiff (to be expected) , combined with the short length and the flimsy attachment to the drive all makes for a enclosure that is difficult to work with.
Other Thoughts: I do not recommend this enclosure at this time. If INEO should increase the cable length by a couple of inches then I might reconsider but for now this is a bad design.
Good idea, but horrible execution.
Did you find this review helpful?
Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!
Through the Newegg EggXpert Review Program, Newegg invites its best reviewers, known as EggXperts, to post opinions about new and pre-release products to help their fellow customers make informed buying decisions.Click here for more details.
This item is eligible for Newegg Premier benefits. Are you a Newegg Premier Member? If not, sign up today and get:
Free 3-day-or-less shipping on eligible items, discounts on 2- or 1-day delivery
Free shipping on returns using labels available on our website
Newegg’s gift-wrap service is the ideal solution for making your gift special!
Select your item as a gift, then add your message. Your gift will also be discreet with no prices being included on the packing slip.
Thank you for subscribing
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "email@example.com" to your address book to ensure delivery.