Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset
Pros: - 7.1 Dolby Digital audio is surround sound allows you to hear opponents that are behind or beside you in the game. The sound is loud and clear with uncompressed audio.
- Large headphones that enclose your ears in the speaker which helps keep external noise out. You'll look like a real pilot wearing these things.
- Comfortable tension against your head. I have a narrow and long head, and perhaps that's why audio leaked from the headphones. Someone with a round, wide head will have a better experience with these headphones.
- Inline volume and mic mute control with bright blue and red LED lights. The LED light flashes between blue and red when the mic is muted. It has a small plastic clip on the back to clip it to your clothes.
- The cord is about 10ft long! It feels like a shoe string or a hoodie string. It has a velcro wrapped attached to it to adjust the length of the cord.
- Works out of the box with Ubuntu 13.10 (Linux)! No driver required!
Cons: - Leaks sound from the headphones, so if someone is sitting next to you, he or she can hear the sound as clear as you can.
- The speakers sound more like 7 instead of 7.1 because the bass is low.
- Doesn't work with gaming consoles such as the Xbox 360, or any device that needs a 3.5mm stereo jack. These headphones pass both power and audio data through USB.
This review is from: D-Link Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router (DIR-868L)
Pros: *** REVIEW UPDATE***
I've had a good and bad experience with this router. The good experience is that I finally got it working with my DSL modem from AT&T after getting around the problem. I found out that this has some pretty powerful hardware in it as well. Overall, I'm very pleased with this router.
Cons: The bad experience relates to all the bad reviews on this product here on Newegg. It took me several hours to find out why it wouldn't work with my AT&T DSL modem. The problem lies in the automatic configuration of the routing table. D-Link has assigned the 192.168.7.0 network permanently as the guest WiFi network even if it's not turned on. The router automatically adds a route for this network, enabled or not, in the routing table. Unfortunately, 192.168.7.0 is used by AT&T in their DSL modems as the internet network. As you can already see, this causes big problems. The router automatically assumes that all 192.168.7.0 is going through the LAN interface rather than the WAN (internet) interface, and this is revealed by looking at the routing table. The Destination IP 0.0.0.0 (any network request) is sent to gateway 192.168.7.254 over the LAN interface when it should be the WAN interface. Anyway, D-Link doesn't allow you to change it in the Web GUI, so you're stuck with a router that doesn't work with AT&T DSL... Unless you upgrade the firmware of the router to dd-wrt. Google it for more information. It has worked well for me, and if you have this problem, I'm sure that it will work well for you too.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - 3000K color temperature which is slightly cooler than a standard incandescent bulb (about 2700K). It looks white rather than amber.
- Slightly smaller than the size of a 40W incandescent bulb
- Provides more light than a standard incandescent bulb and CFL bulb at 450 lumens.
- Consumes less energy than an incandescent bulb and CFL bulb at 6.5W.
- Works with a standard dimmer switch, but begins to flicker at the lower end of the dimming switch.
- Because this light bulb lasts longer, you'll spend less time changing light bulbs and more time with friends and family.
- Doesn't radiate UV or IR light (unlike incandescent and CFL bulbs) which causes less damage to artwork and other light sensitive applications. This light will not help plants grow.
- Comes with a 3 year limited warranty
Cons: - Gets hot around the metal base and can only be used in open light fixtures.
Other Thoughts: - I think this light bulb should be used with an LED dimmer rather than a standard dimmer, so that it won't flicker when it's dimmed low. I don't have an LED dimmer; I'm just making a good guess.
- Colors appear clearer and sharper under this light bulb in comparison to an incandescent light bulb--most likely due to the higher CRI.
- I'm very impressed with this light bulb. It's brighter and cooler in color than a standard light bulb, and it has a slight spotlight effect. It would work well in a modern atmosphere, or a room that has artwork to showcase it. It would also work well in a kitchen or dining room where delicious food is put on display. I would not recommend these light bulbs for a bedroom.
Display Name: Ryan M.
Date Joined: 07/15/04
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.