Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Bought this laptop to play Fallout 4, runs it beautifully on ultra settings with mods
- Case feels solid and sturdy
- Excellent cooling, played Fallout 4 for hours on ultra and the keyboard didn't even get warm
- Fingerprint resistant
- Didn't come chock full of bloatware, only a few things to remove
Cons: - User manual is pretty much useless, have to Google how to set up the macro keys
- Keyboard backlighting isn't as bright as I'd expected
- Speakers are behind the screen when it's opened so sounds are kind of weird and echo-y cause it bounces off the back of the screen. It sounds great if you turn it around and look at the back of the screen lol. This is the only reason I docked an egg
Other Thoughts: It doesn't bother me but it might be pertinent to note that this laptop (and it's power brick) are very heavy (and huge!!). If you plan to tote it around you will definitely want a large carrying case to put it in.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Case feels solid, not at all flimsy or plastic-y. A little on the heavy side but still a perfect size for traveling with.
I bought this laptop to game on while I travel and it does that much better than I had anticipated. I wasn't expecting to be able to do a whole lot but it handles WoW and Guild Wars 2 pretty well on medium settings.
Haven't had any mechanical issues yet. So far it seems like a very decent laptop for it's price.
Cons: I really really wish the processor was just a little bit better.
Other Thoughts: This is entirely my fault for not doing more research, but the screenshot posted with the red accented keys led me to believe that the keyboard was back lit when it is not. A pretty big bummer but again my fault for not double checking.
Also, I am not a fan of the way the mouse pad and buttons are all one solid surface, I constantly end up right clicking when I mean to left click and vice versa. This will be rectified though once I get an external mouse.
Pros: Gaming quality is excellent, it doesn't sound like a helicopter when I run it under extreme conditions, looks lovely
Cons: Experiencing some coil whine for the first time ever in my 10 years of owning AMD cards and I'm pretty upset about that.
Other Thoughts: Don't try to squeeze this card into a mid-size case, definitely get a full size tower!READ FULL REVIEW