Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: IOGEAR GDPDVIW6 DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Pros: Can't think of any. Has a heavy duty feel to it maybe? Can look & feel like diamonds, but if it doesn't work, what's the point?
Cons: - Mine came with a short in the wire.
- Mine was not compatible with a 2560x1440 monitor when i got it to work for a short time (says up to 1200p in details). My own fault for not paying closer attention.
Other Thoughts: - Bought a GTX 980 & have two DVI based monitors; GTX 980 has 3 Display Ports, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI. The short in the wire caused me to believe it DOA. However, after messing around with it a bit, i was able to adjust the wire to work intermittently.
- Look at the pictures provided by newegg. See the kink in the cord? mine came exactly like that. Probably the reason why there is a short in the wire.
- Not worth the $8 return shipping just to get another piece of garbage in return.
Pros: - Price per GB
- Stays relatively cool
- Rock solid stability (2.5 years now)
Cons: - 16MB cache, but whatever, this is a blue drive.
Other Thoughts: - I've had this drive since may of 2011 for a backup for my personal files, pictures, documents and my music. Drive is still 100% sound via SMART, HDTune, CrystalDisk and Speedfan diagnostics. The HDD gets used about 2 hours every day and it still behaves as it did the day i bought it.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Screen is responsive and very bright
- VERY thin. i underestimated the thickness dimensions quite a bit. The dimensions listed are including the stand (so 6.66" for stand base). The thickness is about 10mm.
- Very low power consumption. Leads to the monitor staying quite cool (temperature wise :P).
- I prefer the gloss finish, some do not, i think it makes the monitor look sharp and prominent on the desk.
Cons: - View angle is very limited. Expected with non-IPS though
- The stand is short compared to many other monitors i have used.
- It's shown in the pictures, but the horizontal DVI/VGA input makes wall mounting difficult.
- Screen is very prone to smudging and is difficult to clean. Would leave me to believe there is no protective layering on the LCD screen.
Other Thoughts: Black friday deal, $99.99. wish i had bought 2 more.READ FULL REVIEW