Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: IOGEAR GDPDVIW6 DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Pros: Can't think of any. Has a heavy duty feel to it maybe? Can look & feel like diamonds, but if it doesn't work, what's the point?
Cons: - Mine came with a short in the wire.
- Mine was not compatible with a 2560x1440 monitor when i got it to work for a short time (says up to 1200p in details). My own fault for not paying closer attention.
Other Thoughts: - Bought a GTX 980 & have two DVI based monitors; GTX 980 has 3 Display Ports, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI. The short in the wire caused me to believe it DOA. However, after messing around with it a bit, i was able to adjust the wire to work intermittently.
- Look at the pictures provided by newegg. See the kink in the cord? mine came exactly like that. Probably the reason why there is a short in the wire.
- Not worth the $8 return shipping just to get another piece of garbage in return.
Pros: - Price per GB
- Stays relatively cool
- Rock solid stability (2.5 years now)
Cons: - 16MB cache, but whatever, this is a blue drive.
Other Thoughts: - I've had this drive since may of 2011 for a backup for my personal files, pictures, documents and my music. Drive is still 100% sound via SMART, HDTune, CrystalDisk and Speedfan diagnostics. The HDD gets used about 2 hours every day and it still behaves as it did the day i bought it.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Screen is responsive and very bright
- VERY thin. i underestimated the thickness dimensions quite a bit. The dimensions listed are including the stand (so 6.66" for stand base). The thickness is about 10mm.
- Very low power consumption. Leads to the monitor staying quite cool (temperature wise :P).
- I prefer the gloss finish, some do not, i think it makes the monitor look sharp and prominent on the desk.
Cons: - View angle is very limited. Expected with non-IPS though
- The stand is short compared to many other monitors i have used.
- It's shown in the pictures, but the horizontal DVI/VGA input makes wall mounting difficult.
- Screen is very prone to smudging and is difficult to clean. Would leave me to believe there is no protective layering on the LCD screen.
Other Thoughts: Black friday deal, $99.99. wish i had bought 2 more.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.