Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Other than form factor, there is no value.
Cons: Ok. I'd update my original review, but it doesn't seem possible.
I had a case opened with MSI, single one stick of RAM works, and two sticks do not.
MSI closed my ticket, and commented I needed to pay attention to the specific, exact models of RAM that are compatible with this device in order to make it work.
NONE of those models of RAM are available on newegg. Good luck hunting for them.
Other Thoughts: Don't bother. It is a joke. It's a nice idea, but if they can't support a wide range of memory and m.2 device, then they shouldn't make this a barebones system. Include the RAM that makes this thing work instead of forcing people to hunt for specific RAM models that are compatible.
Pros: 1. MSI product. Its built very well, just need memory and a hard drive.
2. Can have both an M.2 and a 2.5" hard drive.
3. Capable of supporting 16 GB of DDR3L RAM
4. Built in WiFi card, plus an ethernet port, gives lots of options. For me, the plan was to use this in my malware lab to do some sniffing off of the ethernet port and still have it connected to my trusted wifi network for reviewing the ports, so this was desirable.
5. Display options allow for multiple monitors.
6. 4 USB ports.
Cons: 1. TS090515025995 -- that's my case number. The system claims it can handle 16 GB of ram, so thats two 8 GB sticks. I am using G.Skill F3-1600C9D-16RSL and it won't post with two sticks. A single stick in either slot works fine.
2. Not all M.2 sticks fit this system, and the specs don't tell you which type or length you need.
3. Attaching the 2.5" HD is a pain--both difficult, and the instructions have no words... so you might fiddle around with exactly how you think you are supposed to be clicking it in for a good 30 minutes before you figure it out.
Other Thoughts: If I can't get my 16 GB of memory to work, this system is useless to me, and it would have been faster and easier for me to build my own system. I'm hoping that MSI is responsive and can get my system working correctly. Will update once my ticket is resolved.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Affordable. Lots of great features. Fast, wicked easy set up.
Cons: Used the MSI update tool (from their website) to update my system... then it complained there was no valid driver for the NIC and wouldn't let me install a new one. Removed NIC from device manager, rebooted, redetected card, installed latest driver. Works, but it now has a funky card name (but it did detect it as a generic Qualcomm card during set up).
Other Thoughts: This is my first MSI board. I typically have used EVGA or ASUS boards. However, this board is beautiful and the set up was the easiest I've ever had when building a new rig. Definitely recommend.READ FULL REVIEW