Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Works in an old HP DL380 G5 (5 are Mushkin, 3 are other brand SSD's) in RAID 1+0 using SmartArray P400 Controller Card
- Hyper-V Core is running on this system hosting Citrix Server, Server 2008 R2, and Windows 7 x86
- VM's loads fast
Cons: - couldn't afford bigger capacity, purchased these to use as a "test\lab" server
- Unable to find a way to verify the "health" of the drives with my setup. If the array goes down then the VM's will be enabled on a failover server.
Other Thoughts: - SATA is limited to 1.5GB/s on DL 380 G5
- Virtual Desktops run smooth (Citrix)
- I would've purchased 8 at the time but Newegg limited to 5 when it was on sale.
- Would purchase without hesitation as a budget alternative for older PC's or Laptops.
This review is from: StarTech USB3S2SAT3CB USB 3.0 to 2.5” SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable w/ UASP
Pros: - Fast, works well and doesn't require external power
- Migrated and cloned a few HDD's and SSD's
- Only 1 cable to carry around, I don't need to carry a dock or any external power.
- Tried it with USB 2.0 and it worked
Cons: - Only works with 2.5" (laptop) drives (more of a limitation than a con)READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - G.Skill memory quality (Been using them for over 7 years without any issues)
- MacBook Late 2008 recognized all 8GB
Other Thoughts: Upgraded the MacBook with a 256GB SSD, combined with this memory it feels like a new laptop.
The 2GB memory that came with the MacBook was not helping any with the Yosemite update.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.