Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes
Pros: - I've installed over 8 of these in various builds in the last 3 years.
- Very quiet compared to stock heatsinks
Cons: N/AREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Inexpensive 4TB drive compared to others out there
- 3 Year Warranty
- Drive comes very well packaged (foam inside retail box)
Cons: - Out of 2 drives, 1 was DOA. It would not format completely. Had to RMA it with Newegg which took about a week. Replacement drive is ok
Other Thoughts: This is used in Windows Storage Spaces with other brands with no issues. I always expect drive failures even with the name brands that are labeled as "NAS". These drives replaced 2 "NAS" drives which were less than a year old.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Works in an old HP DL380 G5 (5 are Mushkin, 3 are other brand SSD's) in RAID 1+0 using SmartArray P400 Controller Card
- Hyper-V Core is running on this system hosting Citrix Server, Server 2008 R2, and Windows 7 x86
- VM's loads fast
Cons: - couldn't afford bigger capacity, purchased these to use as a "test\lab" server
- Unable to find a way to verify the "health" of the drives with my setup. If the array goes down then the VM's will be enabled on a failover server.
Other Thoughts: - SATA is limited to 1.5GB/s on DL 380 G5
- Virtual Desktops run smooth (Citrix)
- I would've purchased 8 at the time but Newegg limited to 5 when it was on sale.
- Would purchase without hesitation as a budget alternative for older PC's or Laptops.