Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: TP-Link TL-PA8010 KIT AV1200 Gigabit Powerline Starter Kit
Pros: • The quick installation guide is very comprehensive and covers all you need to set up the pair
• Easy to set up, plug and play. No need for web setup
• Impressive connection speeds, by far the fastest speeds I have come across using power-line network adapters. Great for feeding your 4K TV streaming HD movies
• Very stable connection, no interruptions or disconnects
• Easy to set up 128 bit AES encryption using the pairing button on the side
Cons: • Fairly big in size, I have had adapters with Wi-Fi and ports that are smaller
• It has no pass-through power outlet so you lose an outlet when you use the adapters
• No Wi-Fi, can only be used for hardwired connections via Ethernet cable. Most devices i.e. TV’s Blu-ray Players etc has built in Wi-Fi receivers so really this device has no place in a home with modern multimedia devices
• Only one network port, so you can only connect one device to the network at a time
• It blocks part of the open second outlet port so you cant really plug in another device that has a large power converter.
• It does not get the advertised 1200 Mbps but I get over 1000 though
• A bit pricey for only one port and no Wi-Fi
Other Thoughts: I got this as a review item, I have to be honest, most devices i.e. TV’s Blu-ray Players etc. has built in Wi-Fi receivers so really this device has no place in a home with modern multimedia devices. I can see this used in a desktop in another room that needs to be connected via hardwire. That is how I tested it although the desktop had a built in Wi-Fi card.
The devices are easy to set up and has three LED lights that lights up when it is powered up, connected to the router and 3rd when you have internet access.
Speeds are really great albeit not the advertised 1200 Mbps, I did get over 1000 Mbps speeds
Recommended if you need to connect a desktop or HD streaming with poor WiFi connection
This review is from: Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit Red LED, Cherry MX Speed
Pros: - Nice looking brushed aluminum body - aesthetically pleasing
- Due to the texture it does not attract fingerprints
- Easy to clean out debris that might fall in between the keys
- The keystrokes are really fast so if you are a FPS gamer you will love this mechanical keyboard
- I am impressed how quiet the keys are given it is a mechanical keyboard
- Priced reasonably for a LED gaming keyboard in my opinion
- Extra USB port on the keyboard if you need to load or store some files
- Vibrant back-lit LED keyboard, looks great at low light, no too bright though so it does not look artificial or cheap
- I don’t use writ pads on any keyboard I’ve owned, this keyboard has a detachable one so it is optional
- Plug and play, no drivers required
- CUE (Corsair) software support
Cons: - Dust seem to collect very easy on the keyboard as well as in between the keys
- The keys are a bit sensitive, this is not a complaint, after all it has a 1.2mm actuation which is great for gaming. That said it does get some time to get used to it.
- The keys are raised above the board, most gaming keyboards the keys are somewhat sunken, I prefer that and it feels better.
- I don’t like the ribbed texture of the space bar, rough on the skin, would have been much better smooth,
- Takes up two USB ports to power up this keyboard, not sure why, my Logitech G15 with a Led display and back-lit keys only require one USB to connect,
- It is heavy, not that you need to carry around but it is much heavier than any keyboard I have owned
- Keys are one color so no option to change, you need the RGB version for that
Other Thoughts: It is one of the nicer gaming keyboards I have had. I currently have a Logitech G15, yes it is old but I love it. The new Corsair K70 is far more sensitive and quite. It is certainly an upgrade. Make sure you download the manual, it is huge but worth it to get the most out of your keyboard.
The keyboard comes with two sets of keycaps as well, one for MOBA games and one for WASD games like FPS. These come with a keycap puller so no need to pry it off with your fingers when removing them.
The build quality is typical of Corsair; once you have owned any of their products you come to expect quality
Pros: - Almost all laptops use 2.4Ghz, so this device gives you capability to connect at 5Ghz which gives you faster download speeds compared to 2.4Ghz
- It is a nano USB adaptor which makes it portable, you can use it at home as well as when travelling.
- Upload and download speeds quite good given the size of the adaptor
- Equally the range using this adaptor to connect to your router is pretty good considering the size of the adaptor, it is not as good as the bigger AC600 versions I have tested before though.
- The drivers came on a CD which you can use to install, that said of your laptop with no CD drive then you need to download the drivers to install.
- Small form factor (nano) so easy to stick in your pocket or bag while travelling.
- Price is very reasonable for what you get.
- 2 year warranty
Cons: - It uses a single band 5Ghz, which might give you better speeds but you compromise on range vs 2.4Ghz which is what I would normally use on laptops for general internet use.
- If your device don’t have a CD drive or internet to download the drivers to install you need to download it somewhere else and transfer the drivers before you can use the Nano AC450, it is not plug and play
- Easy to loose such a small adapter if you remove it every time.
Other Thoughts: Opening the box you will find a tiny USB adapter, same size as the USB adapters you get with your wireless mouse or keyboard.
Together with the adapter you get mini CD with the drivers and quick installation guide. Install the driver and utility first as the device is not plug_and_play unfortunately.
The unit is 5 Ghz only so the signal range is not that great, I would have preferred they add 2.4Ghz as well to give you the option. All in all a nice affordable nano USB WiFi adapter with fairly good performance.